Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD / RAN Route Transfer to Voicemail by pressing number

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsfranco33

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2007
US
I have an ACD setup where the FRRT and SRRT is a RAN route. Once the recorded announcement plays I would like the caller to simply press a number on their phone in order to be transferred to another number (voicemail). Is this a possibility through routing.

I don't want the ACD to transfer the call to voicemail becuase the call will then lose its priority in the queue.

I do not have symposium, and am using the basic routing features that come with the 61c.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

If you are transferring a call to voicemail then it doesnt need to have a priority in the acd queue does it?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I don't want the call ever to leave the ACD queue unless the user decides that they want to leave a message. Then when the RAN message plays they have the options to leave a messag by pressing a number.

I dont think you would be able to do what you want with just the basic acd and not losing position in the acd queue.

JohnThePhoneGuy

is it really a ran playing? or a Voice Menu in your mail system, for the customer to press anything, they have to be in your Voice mail system anyway, on an application that allows and directs pressing a key to route somewhere.

Mato' Was'aka

It is a RAN playing. Just wasn't sure if there was something that could be done with the routing in order to be able to allow them to direct press a key.

you can set up your overflow to go to a menu, then let them select leave a message or return to queue, but this won't keep their position. it will give them a choice though.

JohnThePhoneGuy

I already have this in place, I wanted to keep the queue position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back