Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD - "Customer Trap"

Status
Not open for further replies.

adstew

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2001
US
Great forum ... especially for us newbies!

Opt 51C
Basic ACD (from what I can gather)

Problem: Customer calls toll-free #, immediately answered with a general greeting (from Interalia digital voice announcer). Once in queue, customer receives secondary announcement every 30 seconds. The only way out of the queue for the customer is for an agent to answer or for the customer to hangup. How do I allow the queue to provide a way out (press "0" for an operator or a general mailbox, etc.)?

(Partial config of ACD)
TYPE ACD
ACDN 385
FRRT 11
FRT 4
SRRT 13
SRT 30
NRRT
FROA YES

Not sure where to look. Thanks in advance for any help!

OVTH and OVDN - set OVTH to 0 and OVDN to your MWC (MM or CP). OVTH will overflow to the OVDN target when all agents are busy.

The OVDN target must be another ACTIVE ACD Q, usually the MM or CP Q.

If you have MM, set up a VSDN associated it with a menu service that allows caller to leave a msg or whatever...

If you have CP, set up a SDN associated with an application that give the caller a choice to leave a msg or whatever...

If you have anything other than MM or CP, someone else on here will help you with your questions

we added ivr ports to our call pilot so that symposium script could offer that option without removing the call from cue.. before that a 4 minute option out worked but if the call opt'ed to wait, they went back in que as a new call.. killed the fifo stamp.. a workaround was after the option to leave a msg, send it to a supervisor or diff group.. ivr/symposium/call pilot was the cleanest way to go,, but it also had a 6 figure price tag..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you truly have Basic ACD you cannot provide that functionality. You can set up overflows as mentioned above but that does not give the caller the ability to continue to wait in queue if he/she so desires. The caller would go back to the end of the queue. If you want to give that control to the caller (i.e. continue to hold or press x to leave a message) without losing their place in queue you would need Symposiom.

So, there is no way to press "0" to exit an ACD queue, once you are in it ... aargh! ... was afraid of that. And no, I'm not wild about the customer losing their place in queue.

yyrkroon, am leaning toward your suggestion.

johnpoole, nice suggestion about Symposium, but would probably spend the six figure price tag on a new system first. :)

Okay ... maybe dump all ACD calls to MerMail menu first? If they choose to go to ACD queue, use OVTH and OVDN to send to second MM menu for options to either leave message or whatever?

Thoughts?

if you don't have SCCS/SECC, then the overflow from the q i think would be your only choice.

you can front end the caller with a MM menu first or leave it as is and just overflow like kroon suggested. however keep in mind, once you leave the q to MM, you lose your place in line.

front end to the system giving customers the choice as to wait for an agent or leave a msg is a good choice.. i've done that with decent results.. i perfer an idc table for that.. caller dials xxx-5000, a did.. the acd group is 5000. insteab of outing all the sets and the acd group, i used the idc to turn 5000 to 1000.. made that a maxp 1 acd ncfw to mail, in mail i made that the vsdn pointing to my holiday, day of week, time of day, then to the menu.. the menu offered a msg option or press any key to reach the next agent not on break.. in that case (gov site) calls dropped about 10 percent at first but during peak times, when wait times were longer.. answered calls and calls to return were about the same.. in that case 200 msgs's per day.. 150 or so did not need a call back, just a form faxed or other response..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

btw, i've installed and programed almost every system sold today (except avaya) and i do not know of one that will do more for the money then merridian.. we have 7000 stations at a hospital with every option and ever type of request for call flow you can dream of.. from voip to symposium to call pilot, miran cards, mica cards, class modem cards. misp for bri.. qsig back to a cisco bcm.. it's a pretty flexable box.. you can buy cheaper, and it can be a bear to program unless your real old and have done it over 25 years.. the old rolm system 9751 was as good and much eaiser to work on.. but for todays requirements.. 7 figures can't buy better..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back