Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Queue on Symposium - Phones keep logging out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridiangirlie

Technical User
Nov 7, 2004
GB
Option 11c - We have 3 phones on a ACD queue which are controlled by Symposium and can log phones in on their agent ID and this has worked great for years. This morning one or two of the phones would not stay logged in. Things have got worse over the day where now all three phones login for 2 minutes only and then log themselves out. It should be stated that the other ACD queue that uses Symposium is not reporting any problems. We have replaced the phones incase it was a problem but it hasn't made any difference any other ideas please? We will probably reboot Symposium tonight anyway although no errors are being reported on the switch or Symposium. I have disabled and renable TN's to no avail.
Thanks in advance for any help.

try dis then deacquire/acquire the sets.. does the phone show call requeue? i've seen simular if the agents are using a non acd scr/scn to make calls and using transfering a lot.. dacquiring usually helps, rebooting the server is always a last choice.. nothing seems as cold as a server that does not boot... cute litte blue screen's can force way more ot then i care to think about

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks you John, this has been done to no avail. The sets show they are acquired.

Yes have actually disconnected all headsets and still they get logged out, thanks I had heard that happens in the past.

Are the agents doing anything when it logs out, or can you sit there, log in, and then watch it log out with no intervention?

You can watch it doing it almost exactly to the two minutes, no phones are not being touched

That seems a little strange. I think I would look at what they have in common, same circuit card?

Any other phones on that card acting up?

I would check if anything is interfering with the wiring for those phones. (I had a cat 5 cable that had been badly installed and was wrapped over a transformer and it caused problems)

Lastly I would out and rebuild the phones, maybe even on a different TN, or at least one of them on a diff TN to see if that changed anything. I don't think the reboot would fix this.

Good luck with this one!

Thanks for the advice, they are on different cards so that can't be it. Yes will have to look at wiring again though that was ok when checked and also you are quite right the reboot of Symposium hasn't sorted it.!!

By any chance, do you have a Night Service key on a supervisor's set for that Q? Possibly that set is faulty?

Or -- john? PBX problems with ACD pointers for that Q? Sysload and server reboot is a harsh solution, but I wonder.

if it's only affecting 2 or 3 sets I wouldnt think issues with PBX.

Are the sets physically located near each other?

Are there other phones in the same Queue that are okay?

For the record,

These were M3905's with the HOML set to Yes.

Once the headsets had been unplugged from these phones to "eliminate" them from the equation...meridiangirlie was kinda doomed.

Guess my paper work wasn't quite as up to date as I thought before leaving that place of work

Well the reboot cleared all the incorrect agent name spelling funnies we were getting and yes valuable lesson learned, one we won't forget in a hurry!!
Thanks to all for your valuable suggestions and advice and especially HUGWideboy who saved the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back