Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD path Recordings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelAvaya

Technical User
Mar 16, 2006
NL
I'm basically trying to mimic the current setup we have for Recordings in a ACD path, the guy that setup these recording has left, and I'm not quite sure how he programmed it!

At the moment, in one path the number 3723 has a recording that tells callers agents are busy etc.

I'm trying to create a new Recording but having troubles setting it up. Looking at that existing number, its a VM port that isn't part of the VM huntgroup. I tried the next number in the sequence as it is also a VM Port & not in the HG but cannot upload a recording to the port.

Is there a nice easy way of setting up recordings for ACD path where the recordings will be changed frequently?

That number is called a RAD (recorded announcement device). They are used for exactly this purpose.

if you want a different rad greeting, you basicall need to remove another voicemail port from the main voicemail hunt group. that port will be placed into a new hunt group as well. the hunt group type should be rad.

Thats the short answer the perfect answer is in the help file under setting up a RAD.

There are too many steps to list them all off the top of my head.

Try the embedded help files try Search "Voicemail Rad"

Follow the instructions and tell us where you get stuck

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

First look what DN the recording is in your ACD-path.
then go to =>
'Voice Mail Port Assignment' look what port your DN is. then go to =>
'Greetings Assignment' to see what 'RAD set' is assigned to the VM port. Then go to =>
'RAD Greeting Configuration' to see what 'greeting number' is assigned to the RAD set.

This greeting number is set between 1-200 this is your actual RAD greeting number and can be recorded by the administrator voicemailbox.

You can also record te RAD on any pc and the upload in via FTP into the /vmail/d/vm. Ofcourse the standard u-law audio format is requiered.

Imagination is more important than knowledge....

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your responses, new RAD successfully created!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back