Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access To S8300 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techma2

Vendor
Mar 2, 2010
US
I have an S8300 and it's loaded with 5.2. I used an old laptop to access it which recently died. I just got another old laptop and loaded ASA and putty. When I access the login however and it asks me for terminal type it doesn't matter what I enter I end up at the Linux prompt and it says dadmin@server1>.

After entering the login and password before I used to get routed to "pin:" where I re-entered my password and I could then run CM commands. How to I get back to that or is there a command at the Linux prompt that will take me there?

You shouldn't be seeing that "PIN" prompt unless you work for a business partner or self installed the system (and even that's iffy).

It sounds like you are connecting to port 22, but intended to connect to port 5022. Try that and see if it works out.

Command at the linux prompt is "sat"

Yes! I was logging into the wrong port. I used 5023 and that got me back to familiar ground. Thanks for the tip! 5022 had a different look and ASA didn't want to proceed. It stalled.

You should get that looked at. 5023/23 telnet is not encrypted and credentials will be sent in plain text. Most offices prohibit telnet with SSH as the preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back