Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to lines remotely 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSF2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Hello,

I need some advices on how to make calls from outside of the office (mobile device) and still have caller ID from the office. We currently have an IP Office 500 V2 version 9.1.500.145 , Essential Edition with R8+ VM pro license. Is there any way to dial/setup a code sequence and have access to an office line ?

Thanks

You could use the FNE code set up to receive dial tone from the ip office
That way you are making a call from your system.

Do a search for this
Look at the help files regarding the codes required

Thanks, does this work without receiving an initial call?
What I'm trying to achieve is to allow staff call clients from their mobiles when not in the office and have our company call display not their personal numbers.

Incoming call from user's mobile to a short code: say *89 // FNE Service // 31. Set this up as either an ICR sending all calls to that short code, an ICR that will match CLID and send just your users to that short code, or as a choice through your auto attendant.

User's mobile number has to be in as their mobile twinning number and mobile call control needs to be enabled. Calls from numbers that don't meet these criteria will not get dial tone.

- Qz

Thanks, what do you mean by //31 on the short code ?

Thanks, could you please explain how this will function,

Mobile phone(number added to mobile twinning)>>> call main line >>> enter code *89 and then get dial tone

Create a new Short Code such as:
Code: *666
Feature: FNE Service
Telephone Number: 31

Pick an unused DID and set the destination to the new Short Code

Give the User Mobility features
Twinned number is the User's cell phone number
Check Twin when Logged Out
Check Mobile Call Control

To make outgoing calls through the IP Office, users will use their cell phone to call the dedicated DID number, and that will provide dial tone from the IP Office. They will then dial the outgoing number just as if they were at their IP Office phone (including the access code such as 9). The outgoing call will go out on another channel of the SIP or PRI, and send the same caller ID as the User's desk phone. At the conclusion of the call, they will receive IP Office dial tone again to place another call. Pressing ## during the call will force disconnect the outgoing call and return to dial tone, pressing ** during the call will place the outgoing call on hold and allow the User to transfer to another IP Office extension.

Well explained TouchToneTommy
Star for that👍

DSF2
The link I sent would also tell you how it works with pictures👍

If you have smartphones you could use One-X mobile lite which makes use of the same FNE codes.

It works if I modify the main ICR 0 and add default Destination the code I set up *666 with FNE service 31 but this its not ideal ...

If I create a new ICR using a line (example line 4 out of 5) with default Destination set up to the same code *666 the AA responds. What I'm missing here ?

Did you change the line groupID on the line? By default all lines are set to GroupID 0 for both inbound and outbound. You have to set the outbound/inbound GroupIDs to something unique before you can route calls to a specific line.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Got it, that means the line will only be used for these remote calls and bot being part of the main hunt group ?

Yes once you change the GroupID it pools them separately. Anything that is 0 is pooled together, 1 is pooled together, etc. So if you want a "private line" then the GroupIDs should be unique to that specific line. Then you need a separate incoming call route for that GroupID and an ARS table for that GroupID (unless you point a shortcode directly at the line).

got it, but that means when I make calls remotely from this new line pool, clients will see these numbers and not the numbers allocated to our office pool 0 lines ?!

If you change the outgoing GroupID and point at that line then yes it would always present that phone number (analog trunks for ya). If you want that person to use all the lines for outbound you can leave the outgoing GroupID so it will use any of the lines. You can also make this line a backup for the other lines so it tries to use the other lines first and then uses this line as a last resort. You have some options.

Thank you, I'm getting dial tone on cellphone following instructions provided but, when I try to make a call it doesn't register my inputs I can hear dial tone over.

Are you using POTS lines (not SIP or PRI?)I don't think that will work with FNE codes (or twinning at that matter) because there are no call progress messages

Im using analog lines, a SIP license will resolve the issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back