Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to lines remotely 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSF2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Hello,

I need some advices on how to make calls from outside of the office (mobile device) and still have caller ID from the office. We currently have an IP Office 500 V2 version 9.1.500.145 , Essential Edition with R8+ VM pro license. Is there any way to dial/setup a code sequence and have access to an office line ?

Thanks

Mobile Call Control
Mobile call control is only supported on digital trunks, including SIP trunks. It allows a user receiving a call on their twinned device to access system dial tone and then perform dialing action including making calls and activating short codes.

So FNE service is not going to work on analog lines. No, a SIP license will not fix the issue unless you switch from Analog trunks to SIP trunks then you could do what you are trying to do.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

These are cards added to the IP Office
ipoffice_fuxyot.jpg

You have 2x TCM8 each with a ATM4 V2 attached. The ATM4 = Analog Trunk Module is providing you the analog lines. The TCM provides 8x extensions for Nortel phones and the Digital8 provides 8x extensions for Avaya digital phones.

Thanks, if I add a VCM32 card and licenses for SIP channels , I should be good ?

You would have to replace your analog lines with SIP lines. You would have to find a SIP provider, you will need VCM resources (VCM32), and you will need SIP trunk channels equivalent to the number of channels the provider is providing.

At this point I think you need to consult a Business Partner. Adding SIP trunks is not something a novice will be able to do most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back