Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Subform Datasheet View - DateTime Field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misscrf

Technical User
Jun 7, 2004
US
I have a subform with a datetime field (linked from SQL). It shows a calendar picker, but doesn't show the time. I switched the format to long date, and that didn't work. Anyone know what I'm missing? Users need to be able to pick or enter date AND time into the field. I've been researching, but not finding this issue anywhere.

Thanks!

misscrf

It is never too late to become what you could have been ~ George Eliot

I found if I typed a format (instead of picking General Date) the time shows properly. The format I typed in is the following:

mm/dd/yyyy h:nn ampm

In case it helps someone else. You can still use the standard date picker, but will need to leave and come back to the field to fix the time, which will say 12:00 AM. If anyone has a better way to handle that, let me know.

Thanks.

misscrf

It is never too late to become what you could have been ~ George Eliot

I believe if you search the web for "MS Access date/time picker form" you might find an alternative.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back