Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2007 - Percentages in a Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedStick

Technical User
May 24, 2007
US
I am trying to display percentage results in a text box. However, the results are coming out in this form 1.27693385503062E-05. How do I get these results to be displayed as regular percentage results? The equation I am using to calculate my results is: sum([Total])/19578148).

Thanks for the suggestion but it still has the information in that same scientific format. Is there a way to not displaying the information in that format?
Right now the my inforamtion is being displayed as 1.27693385503062E-05 even with changing the format to percentage.

How are ya SpeedStick . . .

Try setting the format for that field in the table.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

I just created a test report with the same calculation. The result initially displayed as ...E-06 as you have experienced. When I changed the Format Property to Percent, it displayed as expected with 2 decimal places. I'm not sure what you have different since we are both creating in Access 2007.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thank you for your post. It does work. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back