Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAM Different Message Stores 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

popenator

MIS
Feb 25, 2007
GB
Hi All
Is it possible to have an AAM with 2 different message stores.
The reason I ask is that we share a CM with other tenants in the building running MM with exchange backend for my company and and Intuity LX for all the other tenants.

We want to consolidate into one voicemail solution i.e. AAM, but dont want to have to add hundreds of extra users into our Active Directory. Hence, a mixed message store would be ideal, Exchange for us and Avaya Message store for everyone else

Is this possible? Or any other advice on how to achieve what we're after.

Cheers

Hi Ken
Please can you point me in the direction of the relevant documentation, I'm lost in it at the moment.

Thanks

Any specific detail on this would really be helpful.
Thanks

What I needed to get a grip on is how its configured and how you define whether a subscriber belongs to the Avaya message store or the exchange message store.

When you add the user you select Exchnage or Avaya message store. Its that simple.

As for configuring the AAM that is easy. The hard part is setting up your service account for Exchnage to allow the proper permissions.

Do you not have access to the Avaya support site?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Yes I have access to the Avaya Support site.
I was expecting a much more complex answer than you just select Exchange or Message store to be honest, but if it really is that simple i'm surprised and really pleased!

You can also use AD look up to add a user that will use Exchnage

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back