Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AADS with SMGR

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclark1111

Technical User
Nov 5, 2019
US
Hi all,
I seem to have fallen into a very similar problem as this thread. . I couldn't add to that thread, so forgive me for starting a new one. The problem I am seeing is when I hit the AADS server via web browser, the dynamic configuration shows the following, just like the thread before.
## SIP details (SIPUSERNAME, SIPDOMAIN, SIPHA1) that satisfies the requirements (COMM_ADDR_HANDLE_TYPE = null and COMM_ADDR_HANDLE_LENGTH = null) are not found on SMGR.

I am prompted for user creds. I enter email address and password.

From what I read, this is because the user is not found on SMGR. Although I have the user and SMGR sync'd with LDAP using mail as loginName. The user has the on the Identity tap - Login Name as email. On the communication Profile tab, the communication Address has 1 variable - Avaya SIP with 5 digit extension and domain defined.

AADS is sync with LDAP as well. In the modify attribute mappings, I have mapped SMGRLoginname to mail.

I have tried to specify COMM_ADDR_HANDLE_TYPE & COMM_ADDR_HANDLE_LENGTH in my Dynamic configuration file. Save the config and published to all users/devices.

At this point, I am a bit lost. I have tried looking through log files and don't have a next place to look. Any pointers would be a huge help.
SMRG 8.1.3 and AADS 8.1.4.

Okay, I have made it past the missing handles. I created new entries in the dynamic configuration to pass along. You will see they are in Global and Group. It appears they are not a global setting as it wouldn't work until I published to a group. I published to an AD group that my user is a member of and the settings come over. Now I am working on signing on via email address with Avaya agent for desktop. Working on getting DNS to push the config location. Figure I would post this incase someone else runs across this struggle.

I'd use Spaces instead of DNS for the config location. Much easier.

Hey kyle555,
I wanted to thank you for all your posts. I have made a lot of progress with AADS and Avaya software with the help you provided on the other forms. We are not a spaces customer, although have access, but we decided to focus more on teams.

My task as been to move from One-X to Avaya agent for desktop as we move to J179 SIP based phones. I am trying to automate as much as I can with AADS. You seem very knowledgeable about the product - have you worked with Agent for desktop? Integration with AADS?

Thanks again for all your help,
Don

Yeah, it's doable. I haven't done the whole O365 SSO part with AAfD but I have with Workplace.

You don't need to be a Spaces customer.

Go in there, add your domain, enter a TXT entry in your public DNS for Spaces to know you have control over your domain, and add a Equinox Cloud Client with this in the public JSON settings.

If you don't get anything from DHCP when you enter your email into Workplace, last thing you'll try is Spaces.

If you have this snippet in there, the AD profile will let you login with LDAP/user/pass thru the Workplace app, if you pick O365 with preferredAuth=bearer, you'll get a O365 popup window.
There's a lot more to setting up SAML SSO in AADS than just the pointer for the Workplace client, but this is an example of how to put 2 options in there to get a dropdown for which they like.

If you have East and West data centers and clusters of stuff, people can pick going to the EAST or WEST config.

Code:
{"Client_Settings_File_Address":[{"Profile_Name":"O365","Client_Settings_File_Url":"[URL unfurl="true"]https://aads.you.com/acs/resources/configurations?preferredAuth=bearer"},[/URL]
{"Profile_Name":"ActiveDirectory","Client_Settings_File_Url":"[URL unfurl="true"]https://aads.you.com/acs/resources/configurations"}[/URL]]
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back