Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A working Clock 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudmizer

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
Is there a way to make a clock that works automatically, I have it now to were when you log in, it tells you the time you log in, but I want an actuall working clock.. Set to the computers clock !!!

I stuck a digital lcd clock on the upper right corner of my monitor. Simplist solution yet!!

jdttek

being a non-technical user How do I do that?

LOL

Dave
ToeShot@Hotmail.com
Today Is Tomorrows Yesterday. So Why Wait

I assume you have unlimited resources so that you can stick a "digital lcd clock on the upper right corner" of every computer that uses your application.

"It's got to be the going,
not the getting there that's good!"
-Harry Chapin

This has been very helpful to me as I am new to this stuff. I placed the clock and the code and it works beautifully, just like missinglinq said it would. The database resides on our LAN. The problem is, I can see the clock and the date, but other users get a blank box. sometimes. other times it will crash the program on opening. I have none of these problems and since we are all using the program from the same location, why oh why doesn't it work?!

Sue

SuePee, which of the versions in this post are you using?

jdgeorge's worked best for me.

I can understand you saying that there is blank box for some of your users, but how do you know that the clock is causing the crash?

Show us the code you are using and tell us exactly what is happening....

Judge Hopkins

There are only two rules for success: (1) Never tell everything you know.

Thanks for the quick response. Anyway, below is the code. It works fine on my computer, but on no one else's. When the others open the form, it reverts to the code listing with the error message:
"Compile Error: Can't find project or library."

Private Sub Form_Timer()
Me("txtOmega") = Right$(Now, 11) 'Time display
Me("txtDayRunner") = Left$(Now, 10) 'Date Display
End Sub

Thanks,

sue

What was missing from my original post was the update function.

Just make two text boxes, Textclock and Textdate.

For one, the ControlSource is: =Now() and the Format is: hh:nn:ss
For the other, the ControlSource is: =Date() and the Format is: Long Date

Now in the form Properties, use codebuilder to make subroutine: OnTimer
Textclock.Requery
Textdate.Requery

and set timer inteval to 1000.
That's all that is required to make an on-screen clock for an Access form. And it updates. I use this function in Fire Dept dispatching software and it works great.

Newposter
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment."

Hi back at you

You seem to have misunderstood the problem I am having. The clock works great on my machine, but fails when others try to use the form. I have written several databases that are accessed by many people on our network, even folks in other divisions have access to the databases. But this clock function is the very first time I have seen this type of problem. (Where it works on my computer and no one else's)

Ref: SuePee Jun 13
[Sadeyes]
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back