Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A light Hearted post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProviderReborn

Technical User
Jun 11, 2007
GB
Whats your age.
Whats your job role?
How long you been in the trade?

Me 27
Been in trade 4 years

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

what isn't my role is a better question-I don't get to write the checks LOL
10 yrs

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office

Been doing this 19 years since the old plessey PKS2 was popular, still installing/programming/maintaining, I tried being in tech support but having been out on the road so long it drove me mad and had to get back out again!

I get to write checks!!! Whoooo!
10 years, and somehow still run into customers with the Merlin Plus system... Yikes!

41 years old, formerly 573Dawn until mysteriously banned
Computing/networking 13 years
Avaya phone systems, drug in kicking and screaming, 6 months (and many thanks to the folks here who have kept me from leaping off of a tall building)

Me - younger than I feel
Role - site installer
Time in harness - with avaya 2 years, telecoms in general 10 years

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

44 years of age and 27 years in the bus (yes I did start at 17), Currently, EnPointe Technologies, Systems Engineer (Avaya, Tandberg & Cisco products, prior Octel (then Lucent then Avaya) and before that Northern Telecom (then PacTel Infosystems, then Pactel Meridian Systems),

31 years old.

Been in the field for 11 years. Always on Avaya. Started out pulling cable ended up programming.

Install/service/program North America service area. Avaya, some toshiba, done some shoretel projects, some alarm/security systems work. I work for the biggest arsehole in the world. Yes, self employed!

Communications as part of my duties 20 years, phone system install/service about 15. Have been, cable puller, crew leader, system installer, service tech, lead tech, support tech, systems engineer, sales engineer, project manager, programmer, operations manager, small business owner.

a young looking 32.

distributor support at the best disty in the UK, IPO only.

been in the trade since my dad sacked me for questioning his ability to install payhones in the early nineties and make me get the bus home. I had no bus fair and had to ask the bus driver to take me home for free, he did, good man.

Only really done Avaya, form the sdx days through to now.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

THats what i thought. I meant in my post that i have always worked on Avaya products. I have never worked directly for them.

21 years old
service/install tech in the South East of the United States
3 years all with the WONDERFUL Avaya

I am 49.
I've had 2 "seasons" in telephony...1978 to 1985 with the national carrier and re-enlisted with IP Office since 2002 till now with my present company, doing implementation & maintenance.

Been around this planet for 30 and a bit years.

Been in telecoms 10 years but feels like far longer.

Job Role: The endless question.

Started with INDeX and then dealt with too many others and come back to where it all started(ish).

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

46 years on this planet, 25 in telecoms. Been a cable monkey, service tech, engineer, and manager. Started with 1A2 key, now I can spell IPO.

33 years young...my job role is a little bit of this, a little bit of that. Primarily, I am I&M as well as Systems Engineer and Sales Consultant. Since my dad worked for AT&T, I was installing JK cables and jacks at the credit union at 10. Yet, I started pulling and was getting paid for it at 18 part time and was hired full time at 20....I guess you could say I have been in the business all my life, yet getting paid for it for 13 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back