Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A light Hearted post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProviderReborn

Technical User
Jun 11, 2007
GB
Whats your age.
Whats your job role?
How long you been in the trade?

Me 27
Been in trade 4 years

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

Im 33, been in the industry for 10 years. First two with Northern Telecom, the last 8 I have focused on all avaya products but mostly IPO since it came out. I also do it all; installer, maintenance, and tech support.

25 Years old, been in the IT industry for 7 years. Im IT manager in a mid size company in Europe (so yeah, i do get to write checks), and we have been using IPO´s in our branch offices for 3 years.

/JB

47 years old
Intaller/Maintainer/Trainer on Mitel3300/Avaya IPO and INDeX in UK covering mainly London
17 years in Comms as Manager and Engineer

Colpot
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

29 y/o - USA
11 years in telecom
started out as a telecom intern at my university on a huge Nortel Meridian. yikes.

Since then, 95% avaya(enterprise and SMB), 5% cisco VoIP in various roles.

it's supposed to be sales - but really I fix all of our hard technical IPO issues using tech tips & AVAYA (& occasionally sell)
I've been in telecom for 4.5 yrs, been configuring, installing, training, breaking, fixing, crashing, and resurrecting IP Office for 4.25 years. I got stuck installing IPO b/c I sold one and none of my techs knew how to install it. Best mistake I ever made :)

Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
-Samuel Johnson

Service Manager/Installation Engineer
10 yrs in the biz

Started on Comdial and picked up AVAYA in 2000. IPO as soon as it came out. I suffer from migrains now. Never had those when I was a wire monkey :) Oh well, somebody's gotta put these things in, right?

Installer/programmer/etc.. etc...
20 yrs

Started with communications for Uncle Sam (everything from telephone to Tell a Woman). Have worked against just phone systems from about every manufacturer out there since I got out, but the real pain only started when Avaya IPO came into the world. Ever since then... Well lets just say I yearn for the days when all I had to do was punch down the connects and pick up the phone... and it worked.

28 years old
6 years in the industry
all things cabling and most things Avaya or atleast until "the next release comes out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back