Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A cell that has both text and a link 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

modmac

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2003
US
I have a work book that has several sheets, I would like to reference a cell from the 1st sheet and use it in a middle of a cell that has text in it. I want to put it in a certain point within the text string.

This is the text string:

Effective this 1st day of July, 2005 and continuing in force thereafter for a period of one year unless terminated as hereinafter provided, company (the "Seller") agrees to provide covered services, as per attached schedule of services for which ############# (the "Buyer") agrees to pay the annual sum of _______________.

I want to put the sheet "Info Sheet" cell A4 where the ##### is.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried using the concatenate character &

This is what you'd use:
Code:
="Effective this 1st day of July, 2005 and continuing in force thereafter for a period of one year unless terminated as hereinafter provided, company (the ""Seller"") agrees to provide covered services, as per attached schedule of services for which "&'Info Sheet'!A4&" (the ""Buyer"") agrees to pay the annual sum of "

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

You know I did but what I forgot was the = sign at the begining. How Stupid. Thanks for the fast response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back