Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9640G on IP Office 10.1? Any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binkoba

IS-IT--Management
Aug 31, 2011
US
I would like to know how many of you are running 9640G phones on IPO 10, 10.1 or 1 please? They are supported on IPO.
Are you having any issues?

Avaya tells me there are 100's of thousands of these on IPO around the world, with no issues.

On our system the 9640G's randomly reboot.

We have been working with Avaya for months providing many hours of logs and wiresharks etc to no avail.

Thanks in Advance.

Ash

IP Office Server Edition 10.1 (Virtual)
400 users
Silverpeak Edge Connect Hybrid WAN
30 Sites

I have a ton of systems with 9640s and today a customer told me 2 of their 9640s have been rebooting randomly and they’re running R10.1.2. I’m running R11 in my office with only 9640s without and issue. I doubt it’s the software but it could be... maybe someone has a good answer for this on here!

Thanks for the reply, what kind of POE switches are you using? What switches are there at the location where the phones reboot?

We have HPE Aruba 2920-48G, HPE Support looked at the logs, the said they see the phone rebooting itself.

There is absolutely nothing on the Ethernet cable that signals the phone to reboot.

We even have a wireshark of a phone rebooting during a call one minute there is a RTP UDP stream in both directions, then there is none from the phone.

IP Office Server Edition 10.1 (Virtual)
400 users
Silverpeak Edge Connect Hybrid WAN
30 Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back