Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 VPN Not in CRAFT Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhosYourDiffie

Technical User
Mar 5, 2018
US
Good morning all,

I am trying to get a few old 9608 phones ready for a customer to use for VPN purposes.

After screwing around with the 46xxsettings.txt and the 96xxvpn.txt settings, I hit a brick wall. No matter what changes I make, I just don't think they are sticking.
The current version of Manager they are connected to 9.1.6.0
I have the following at the top of my 46xxsettings.txt:

IF $GROUP SEQ 876 GOTO 96XXVPN
IF $GROUP SEQ 0 GOTO NO96XXVPN

# 96XXVPN

GET 96xxvpn.txt

# NO96XXVPN
GET 46xxupgrade.scr

SET NVVPNMODE 0

SET VPNPROC 0

My phones are set to 876 GROUP. I even went as far as making either option 876 OR 0 go to 96xxvpn.txt

If anyone has any suggestions, please help!!

Warm regards,
Diffie [afro]

On a 9608 I have never needed to fiddle with the settings files, just turn on VPN in the CRAFT menu.

| ACSS SME |

I know the newer phones that you can buy will come with the software pre-loaded which is AWESOME but to make use of the few we have from days gone by, I'd like to get these working for VPN. I have one that has the VPN software on it from a previous time but I have 3 9608 phones that just won't take the VPN.

Avaya: IP Office FAQ
How to 96xx vpn enable and removal

If you can get into the Craft menu, but VPN settings are missing, the only line you need to add to your 96xxvpn.txt file is:

################################################## #
## VPN craft access
## 0: disabled, 1: view only
## 2: View and edit.
################################################## #

SET VPNPROC 2

This will then allow you go see the VPN section in the Craft menu and do your manual configuration

@TouchToneTommy

That was in my 96xxvpn.txt file. I've put it in this thread.

The phone definitely picks up the file as I can see it run across the screen on the phone.

Any other tidbits of wisedom?

Thank you

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e8c3d812-21c6-42b8-bec6-6da2d5a9d793&file=96xxvpn.txt
Upgrade the phone. I think version 6.1 has it enabled by default.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Talking of the top of my head as just back from holiday, but some phone admin settings are hidden if you haven't changes the PROCPSWD to something other than CRAFT.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Your thread shows NVVPNMODE=0 it should be 1

I used to have super powers but my therapist took them away...

Never mind I see your 96xx now

I would try a clear of the phone maybe.

Funny that my self-made and idea of the 96vpn.txt still goes round :)

Edit, you need to change the mcipadd to a valid ipaddress as 192.168.0.0 will not work.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back