Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 IP Phone - Flash but No Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallot

Vendor
Jul 15, 2009
US
Hello folks

I have some 9608 IP phones with firmware SP 6.2.3 H.323 release on them. There are about 1500 installed on the system. We are having to reboot about 5 per week because they will indicate an incoming call on the LED but do not ring. A reboot of the phone corrects the problem.

I looked through the readme on the latest release for firmware and it didn't mention this issue.

We are monitoring so that we can verify that the audio patch is in fact set for handset and not headset, and, that the ringer volume has not been turned all the way down.

This sounds similar to something I vaguely recall from years ago on the 4600 IP phones but can not remember what the resolution was.

If you have had or have heard of something like this, please share the resolution or any thoughts you have.

Thanks!

to be honest, i would take few phone and update firmware on them and put them in production and see how new firmware behaves, also i would log a fault with Avaya

Regards,
Kaleem
=======================
Do not seek knowledge for four aims:
1: Self-glorification in front of people of knowledge
2: Quarreling with the ignorant
3: Showing off in gatherings of people
4: Attracting attention of people in order to secure an office of authority
Hazrat ALI

Thanks for your reply

I would also like to add, it is not the same sets each time and, it take an act of congress to be allowed to upgrade to the latest firmware.

As far as Avaya? Well, they are at the bottom on the options list being they charge $600 an hour to assist but may end up being the option. [wink]

Thanks again for your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back