Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9508s wont upgrade on 7.036 ip office

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoinGrey

Vendor
Jun 28, 2012
US
I recently upgraded a new v2 ip500 to 7.036 firmware and then plugged new 9508 phones into it. They would not firmware upgrade.. Any ideas? Yes the file server is set to memory card..plugged them into my demo kit and they did upgrade. Demo kit is running a different version.

Pete

What do you see in monitor?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You can get upgrade oddness with combi cards, often a second combi card in the same system works fine or a DS8 :)

I have seen that the phones do not upgrade after upgrading the IPO and that is because of the large files needed for those phones.
After upgrading the IPO (and file transfer) you need to reboot the phones to get them upgraded.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Maybe the Zarlink file?
I noticed it isn't always copied with an upgrade.

Well they upgraded fine on my demo kit running 7.05 and then I plugged them back into the new system with the new combo card running 7.36 and they started to upgrade as well. They fully upgraded on the 7.36 and now work fine. So weird...

I have the same issue with 9508 sets on 8.0(44) .the sets are starting up but as .27A instead of .38

I know on some R7's (not sure if it is still happening on R8) that a combo card port will only upgrade one phone until a reboot happens. So, if a phone was upgraded on that port/card it wouldn't upgrade the 9508 until a reboot cleared the port and allowed it to upgrade another phone.

Telecomboy that has been the case on the system for a long time, it's not a R7/8 or combi card specific issue, it's apparently design intent :)

I have seen this before a number of times. I find that if you watch the screen of the phone it will show the last file it looks for (write it down quick) and then it stalls. For me the solution was in going to look for the file it was after and found it was not in the required location as I had downloaded on the latest BIN files and the file required was not included and was only included when the entire NEW adnin CD was downloaded. *smack skull*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back