Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9508 r.45? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RINGINnBLINGIN

Programmer
Dec 21, 2012
US
Has anybody received this bin file from avaya for the issues these phones have been having with 8.1(52)? if so, does it solve the freezing, and phone randomly going idle with the "please wait" screen until rebooted? thanks

I have not heard from either one that it doesn't work (that means it is working :) because they only call if they have problems with something not working)
I know what you mean with wasting time on a "fix" and then having to go back or worse getting yelled at by the customer because it is NOT working

will try and follow up on it to ensure it is working and report back.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Thanks for the info Westi.

We applied the update today so hopefully it will take care of the issue. I will update next week.

We had 8.1.63 on this system first. It seemed like the problem was even worse. 8.1.63 still has the same R44 firmware so it makes sense that the problem would still exist.

same prob here this is rediculous still no fix from Avaya

maguiresc,

Have you tried the 8.1.56 patch that includes the R45 bin files for the 9508 phones? We installed it yesterday and the problem has not reoccurred yet but it is to soon to say that it is fixed.

You will need to open a ticket with Avaya to get the patch.

So should i install the 8.1.56 or 8.1.63 Feature Pack 1? Both are available for download from Avaya.

Best advice is to stop selling/using the 9508's, they have not worked consistantly well since release and we have avoided them for some time. A real shame as they look great and could be great....but they aren't great ATM :)

r45 does appear to fix (not mask) the issue. it is available currently from Avaya for 8.1.63, 8.0.51 but not included in yet. Not really sure why. We have it in about 8-10 sites without re-occurances.

Is it on the supports/download page? I'm not able to find it. Maybe my search-fu is weak.

Put a ticket in with support and they will give you the R45 patch files. They have a patch for 8.1.52, 8.1.56 and 8.1.63. Just upgraded to 8.1.63 2702, so we will see what happens. They just keep putting bandaides on it so far.

Do I need credentials with Avaya to put a ticket in?

You must at least be Product Authorised (APS) or an end user registered on the sold-to information.

Inter.bmp

Let me rephrase that, Jenne Dist said they would send it. No Avaya ticket required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back