Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9508 r.45? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RINGINnBLINGIN

Programmer
Dec 21, 2012
US
Has anybody received this bin file from avaya for the issues these phones have been having with 8.1(52)? if so, does it solve the freezing, and phone randomly going idle with the "please wait" screen until rebooted? thanks

Heard from 2 people that it solved their issue, but they only have it installed for a few days

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

R45 is a special built you only get from Avaya support if you open a ticket for this issue

Joe W.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

this is correct. and r.44 does not fix this issue. Westi, can you keep me posted on this? i have a few customers that need this fix, but id really like to know how it works before i take more of their time upgrading.... again.

Does anyone have an FTP link for download of R45?

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Yes, IPOGuru, if you don't mind, I'd like a link.

I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me.

The patches don't fix the issue, only make you not have to unplug the phone to get it to come back up.

Maybe it is me but what do you need to do else then unplugging it to get it working again?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

nothing, but it is annoying

Joe W.

->tlpeter...Really?
Yeah right - no big deal - least you have several customers all complainging of the same issue of locked up phones. Mind you they paid for a working product. No big deal...sure...you try and get a referral or future business from the customer with locked up phones...please don't tell me you are tolerating Avaya's Quality Control & Programming...oh wait there is NO Q.C.....

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Guru you spoke wise words, the QC is non existent, but it seems cheaper to fix the crap afterwards than paying people to test it before it goes out the door.
I see that will a lot of thier phones too, we have not gotten a batch of phones where we did not have at least 1 bad phone. It costs us on shipping to send it back and we don't get reimbursed for that. This policy sucks as they would think twice if they send out crap like that if they had to pay for their own shipping and also for our cost to go to site twice for a simple install.

Joe W.

I did not say it is normal and i responded in this:

The patches don't fix the issue, only make you not have to unplug the phone to get it to come back up.

So what else can fix this annoying issue then unplugging the phone and connect it again?
What does R45 do so that you do not have to do this while it still doesn't fix the problem!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

At the risk of highjacking this thread, I didn't see an answer to the original question.

Is there a bin file?
I have just meandered through updating ipo 500 rls 8.0 (18) to (51) and am now getting this same message?
Would this bin file fix up this same issue?

CMTAMJ, you said the patches do not fix the problem, but it solves the need to reboot the phone? what patch are you using, and what problems does it fix?
wallyworld, i will update this tread over the next couple of days. i now have a system i can test this patch on.(as i didnt want to test it on a customer, or ours for that matter.) stay tuned

thread940-1700346

As the customer was irately telling me I didn't have a "couple of days", I finally found part of the answer at the above thread.
I had to plug it into the sd card, but the phone is now functioning again and I am going to drink until next year.

Happy New Year everyone, and as painfull as some of us are, we do appreciate your sharing your expertise.

Does any one have an update on if this patch fixed the problem with 9508 phones going to please wait after a period of time? I have system running 8.1.56 that seems to have this issue. I just got the patch from Avaya but am wondering if I am just wasting my time to upgrade it.

Yea I would like to know if the new patch R45 fixes the "please wait" issue too! We have a few sites that the phones are doing this.

I wonder if you guys have any tickets open with Avaya?
If you do they can give you the patch and if not then you should because it is a damn nuisance and Avaya should get the tickets slammed on their desks so they see what lousy cr@p they send out.
I have to say that I have a few customers with that problem but none of them wants to open a ticket with Avaya and they unplug the phone themselves and never call me otherwise I would open a ticket for each of them.

Joe W.

yes, I opened a ticket or I would not have the firmware. I am just trying to set my expectations correctly. This is 90 phone system and will take some resources to get it upgraded. I hate wasting time on upgrades that do not fix the issue.

Westi,

In one of you previous posts you said you had heard from 2 people that it solved their issue but it had only been a couple of days. Have you got an update from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back