Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9504 volume problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimrit

Technical User
Apr 14, 2005
US

at 2 different facilities, 2 different users, 2 different IP 500 V2 r 7.0.12,Both are on analog lines on a combo card i have users that complain that while on a call, the volume level of the handset goes up and down. These faclities have different line carriers and are in completely different cities. Any thoughts on this?

man, there's a lot of variables along with the similarities.

One obvious question: Is it on every call, or only occasional? Is there any commonality with the type of call they're on (e.g. talking to someone on a cell phone, VOIP phone etc)? I can get pretty weirdly variable call volumes on my residential land line if I'm talking to people who on crappy home VOIP phones.

A couple of things to try:

Put line appearances on the phone and answer line appearances and see if it's tied to a particular line (or possibly trunk port on the combo card)

If it seems to be a single line, you could unplug the co line and make a call with a buttin, see if the issue is still there.

Try moving them to a different port, got any DS8's in the system to move them to?

Got to work to isolate it more, somehow.

GB

i appreciate the help. i have tried each andevery one of these. turns out that it is a known issue and trouble tickets have beeen escalatedto tier 4 at Avaya mAYBE a quick fix before the customergets too upset. stay tuned.

Avaya really did a great job of the new 96 and 95 series didn't they :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

yes they did.... i really like the 9500's...........IF they worked :)

I get the same complaint from every customer with these phones that are using POTS lines. It doesn't happen on inside calls nor on systems with a PRI. I discovered that when both parties talk at the same time the volume of the outside party gets attenuated significantly kinda like those shitty half-duplex speakerphones.

So the question becomes,how are they going to fix it and when. they cant just leave it this way..

so has anyone heard any hints of where the resoluton on this issue is headed??

They can and probably will leave it that way, Avaya have enough issue with POTS/Analodue lines that they can't fix them all, I think they have stopped trying, it's old and troublesome technology :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back