Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9 digit on analog lines being sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmisclvlv

Vendor
Oct 4, 2022
US
I'm getting CO errors when dialing because 9 is being added to only toll free calls to the CO and so digits sent for example are:

The the CO rejects the call.

If I go to the block with my test set and dial the call goes thru.

All other calls go out just fine.

If you want to dial 9 first you need a Short Code of 9N - Dial - N - Line Group 50 Main
If you want to dial without the 9 first then your Short Code would be ? - Dial - . - Line Group 50 Main

Follow the dial path
your 9N shortcode is the first stage and it should look like Norte4Ever has written it

a lot of times the default shortcodes in the ARS are used which are just that a default that usually works but is not ideal.

In the ARS and look in there if you have a 1N; shortcode or 1xxxxxxxxxx (I prefer the latter as it makes dialing faster) then the Telephone number it should dial is 1N and the line is the analog outgoing group ID

I would think that you have some sort of separation for toll free and long distance calls and maybe even separated for some users that are not allowed LD but local and TF calls.

OR

your lines require the 9 for everything but toll free calls then you have to make the separation in the ARS to send different numbers to the CO.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back