Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1 SP4 issues? (1xPortal Salesforce Adaptor is not working)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmasters

Vendor
Sep 15, 2008
US
So, while the Salesforce Click-to-Dial CTI Adaptor has never been great in universally Supporting all browsers, the latest SP4 (and SP3 Adaptor on an SP4 1xP) is not working for me across all of them on 9.1 sp4. It loads the 'keep open page, it loads the softphone into the the Salesforce Page and then you are stuck where it either clears credentials when trying to authenticate you to the 1xP (One X Portal) or it simply does not respond........any clues (yes Pop-Up Blocking is Off and the Shield has been clicked to allow insecure content so the that unsecure adaptor can work on the secured Salesforce Page, - results are the same in IE/FF/Chrome))

Got a good Tech from Avaya, Dan, to help on this- turns out to be a certificate issue that did not present itself on 1xP SP3.

Starting w at least 9.1.0 Avaya has been moving towards a need to have certificates, -they were more or less optional at one point and while I had turned on the HTTPS capability for 1xPortal (as an OPTION), I set Salesforce CallCenter Softphone to use it w/o certificate. Possibly the SP4 update now requires it. Thus, I am back to HTTP for the short term and then either out to purchase a certificate or install 50 root certificates in my 50 users pc's....at least its working again (hopefully someday I can convert to the Open CTI and Communicator for Web, while that would probably also need certificates I bet it will better in other ways than the adaptor)

Usually most customers have a MS certificate authority in their active directory that is trusted by all workstations. Best way is to create a certificate for 1XP with that CA. It is worth to play around with MS certsrv to help the customer to create the certificate because most of the customer administrators don't know how to do that.

If they don't have a CA you can use a SE Server or IPO application server to create the certificate and deploy the root certificate as trusted CA through group policies.

Thanks, I am using this experience as motivation to get more up to speed on certificates....This gives me more base info to investigate. I had thought that it might make sense to investigate a complete CA from godaddy or something- they probably have 20 subdomains and yet only have a purchased cert on a few.. 1xP is used remotely/public for telecommute, communicator, 1xM, salesforce integration, and probably soon for self admin- those remotes do not always VPN for authentication in the domain so I am thinking your suggestion may have limits (but is GREAT to know either way)....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back