Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1 Resiliency and licensing Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm81

Programmer
May 15, 2009
GB
Hi Guys,

Hopefully a simple one.

My Scenario is this.

Currently deployed Server edition installed and running on 9.1 on Gamma SIP, customer wishes for resiliency

Additional server to be installed with fall-back SIP trunks and portwell CAD.
The documentation states that all licenses are held centrally on the Primary server and distribute to the secondary.

Would the Secondary server require a dedicated server edition license plus the 9.1 upgrade installing locally or would both of these licenses only need installing on the primary server (i.e. the primary in essence contains x2 server edition licenses and x2 9.1 upgrade licenses)

Your thoughts and advice are much appreciated

"Striving for success without hardwork is like trying to harvest where you havent planted

Hi,

You will need an Server Edition license to add a secondary server (or a Virtual Server Edition license if using a VM).
This license have to be installed on Primary server.
I don't see why you need an upgrade license as you are already using 9.1 on primary.

Useful link for license :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back