Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1 ok to use now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITEL

Vendor
Dec 29, 2007
US
We have been advised to stay away from 9.1 due to various software bugs.

Is this still the case?

I noticed there is a 9.1.4.0.137 release, is that any better, or should we just stick with 9.0 for now?

Thanks.

Any release has software bugs and most customers never suffer from them.
It doesn't stop me to use the software,

Done a few, so far so good. Be REALLY VREALLY careful installing 9.1. Absolutely disconnect all phones. If you do not do this you run the risk of invalidating the 9.1 license.

I would still hang out at 9.0 for now.[thumbsup2]

It's only dialtone!!!

I love 9.1 have numerous sites on 9.1.3 and 9.1.4 and not seen any obvious issues yet (said whilst touching every piece of wood I can!).

| ACSS SME |

Not too many issues here. The only thing tricky in the beginning was the PCS14 or lower control units. But other than that it has been ok. We sell on average 1,000 IP Offices a year.

We have issues with the voice question to a group.
I don't think it is a very stable version but not too bad.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I apologise we have seen the cannot come out of group if you are an SCN user to where the group is configured, but then that is also an issue in 9.0 so makes no difference.

| ACSS SME |

Thank you all for the feedback

One bug I ran into with R9.1.4.0.137 is that when a user with a 1416 did a "delete all" in their call log, it caused a reboot of the phone system.

Nice, I do that on my 9508 desk phone on a regular basis and no reboot. I'll try it tomorrow on my collegue's 1416 phone, will be fun to see it reboot.

Mobile twinning (the "free" version) doesn't seem to work; the call to the twinned mobile phone drops after no more than a few seconds. We use a PRI in our office.

Sounds like mobile answer guard. Check SysMon. Die me it works well with 9.1.4

Have not seen any issues with mobile twinning on R9.1 systems. I do however have an issue with visual voice over SCN when users check non system local mailboxes. Up to Tier 4 with Avaya as of Monday on it. We are not upgrading customers on stable R9 releases to R9.1 just yet. When 9.1 sp4 was released I believe Nov 27th was estimated date for sp5. Haven't gotten ahold of sp5 yet but curious to get that into the lab and tested.

I Have now had two separate systems at 9.1.400 that when performing a merge lost all hunt groups. All other programming was still in tact, just the hunt groups disappeared.

We gave it a few months and now have done several 9.1.4 systems; not too many issues. One thing to be very careful of if upgrading is if you are using any legacy cards or old licenses they may become invalid. For example a legacy VCM card with IP endpoint licenses... this is detailed in the release notes I believe though.
Another (little) bug I noticed is if you are recording AA menu prompt in embedded VM, if the user wants to re-record (don't they always want a second try?) you need to hang up and start over; the option to re-record during that same session will not save and it will always use the first recording.

crumthwacket - I haven't seen that on 9.1, although when we upgraded from 8.1 to 9.0 we lost voice path on trunk to trunk twinned calls (internal calls twinned to cellphones work) - I have a customer with 9.1.4 and the same SIP trunks and they don't have that issue.

Telecomboy-
I had system with the same issue on a SE .

It's only dialtone!!!

To all: thank you for your input. I brought the circuit provider in to clear an unrelated alarm on the PRI and can now focus on the IPO - it's either me or the software. I'll report back soon.

Beware of Softconsole. Had MAJOR problems and has been with tier 4 for over twelve weeks and still unresolved.
3 PCs on the same system with Softconsole, all having different problems.
AVOID

Technolgy - The Mother of Frustration

9.1.3 is what my ABP says is stable. They recommend against 9.1.4. I had a merge on 9.1.3 wipe out some of my short codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back