Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.0.1.0 bld 845 ring 1 ext, go to another ext VM, both exts have their own vm box. suggestions? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarenot

Vendor
Aug 30, 2003
US
I have a request from a customer for x201 to ring on an analog pots line, but if busy, or unanswered to go to x203 vm box, and both of these exts have their own voice mail box. The system uses embedded voice mail, not vmpro. Any suggestions, I have not done that much set up with embedded voice mail, but I am questioning if this is even possible with the embedded voicemail. The current solution has calls ringing an auto attendant with option 1 to ring group 200, or option 2 to leave a voicemail. ring ext opt 1 just transfers to group 200, and option 2 transfers to *200 which is a short code to leave a vm for group 200. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If I understand well:

Line rings ext 201, overflow to ext203, overflow to mailbox 203?

You'll need to use a group with a user in that's forwarded to a shortcode that leaves messages in the required mailbox :)

intigrant,
Yes, Line rings 201, if busy, or no answer, goes to mailbox 203. However 201 has another line which rings to it which must still go to mailbox 201. However this call does not ring x203, just goes to vm for x203.

amriddle.
It sounds like you are saying to create a group with sequential hunting, 201 being the first phone to ring, another user, call it user XXX, being the second phone to ring, but user XXX being forwarded to a short code, which leaves a message in 203? I would guess I could use a vacant ext for the second user in the group, but if the phone system gets power cycled the forward button would need to be re-activated. I can not forward user 201 as it has its own voicemail box which answers another line.

[ul]
[li]Analog POTS Line rings to a collective call waiting hunt group. [/li]
[li]201 is the member of this group.[/li]
[li]The group has no voicemail of its own.[/li]
[li]The overflow for this group is ANOTHER group, it is sequential, and has only one member, which is a phantom user. [/li]
[li]This phantom user is forwarded, including hunt group calls, to a short code. [/li]
[li]The shortcode is voicemail collect/"#"203. [/li]
[/ul]

I didn't want to spell it out, teach a man to fish and all that :)

Me neither, most often if you let them spell out each step to happen they see the solution for them selves.

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night
SET a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life

Tommy!
Thanks for the help, I had to work a few more setups similar to this on this site, not exactly the same, but it certainly helped to know how this one works exactly. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back