Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8x24 DR5 / StarTalk Flash / Hunt Group? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkJeff

Programmer
Feb 28, 2002
US
I have an 8x24 DR5 with expansions and StarTalk Flash. I'd like to be able to ring the Customer Support Department (6 people) whenever the incoming caller doesn't dial anything. This release doesn't appear to have Hunt Groups. Is there any way to accomplish this? One thought is to somehow use Call Forward on Busy/No Answer. Thanks for any ideas.

You can try an answer DN on each extension you want to ring.
You can use an extension assigned to a unused port.

*If any of the extensions that you want to ring are call forward busy or no answer to V Mail, the call will go into that extensions mailbox.

In addition to Lowrad's post, you could make the answer dns appear only on the individual sets then assign the aux ringer to Y for that answer dn and install the aux ringer in the customer support dept. This would prevent calls to that line from fna/fb to other people's vm.

That is provided you do not already use the aux ringer for something else.

DD

Excellent ideas, thanks! I just tried it and it appears to work ok. I'll have the "Support" option in the AA transfer to the previously unused extension. Is there any way to show the "Message For You" status of that extension on the support phones? That way, they'll know when there's a message in the Support mailbox? Thanks.

Sorry, but no.
They would have to periodically check the mailbox

The only other thing you may be able to do is set up Off-premise Message Notification to an extension. - But i think this is too hokey.

Hopefully one day Nortel will allow us to program extra message lights on Norstar phones - but that day isn't here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back