Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8700's Time sync gone bad loosing time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

voippbx

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
US
Dual 8700's with cm 3.1. Last week the time was off 7 minutes ahead. Interchanged servers and set standby to NTP interchanged back and set primary. All was well for 1 week now time is drifting ahead by 3-4 minutes. I again set off NTP and we are still seeing slow increases in the timeset? Any idea why its drifting ahead?

I set the primary 8700 to NTP by configuring the server. But everytime I go back and configure the server its not checked to NTP with the IP address of the NTP server?

Please help?

I faced this problem with s8710 with another problem that one of the 2 servers gets stuck with no response until i do hard reboot to it .. i made a DOA request to avaya and replaced the defected server .. now everything is ok about the time and stuck problem.

Abdullah Ali

Thanks but was the time sticking or the entire server? This is a call center and they don't have issues with the 8710's but with the NTP clock. It is straying up to 1-2 minutes ahead each day?

Its possible the NTP servers you are using are not compatable with the S8700. I had an issue similar to this and escalated it to T3 at Avaya.

The S8700 will not work with a linux based NTP service. The NTP service needs to be running in a Win2K or Win2K3 server. That service also needs to have the "clock dispersion" set to 10 or 12.

Another possability is an ACL or Firewall rule that may be blocking the NTP traffic which I believe is UDP port 123.

I will check simreal....thanks much for the info...

I have exact same issue, got patch 14519 for ACM3.1.2 from Avaya and will install it tonight. This is a software issue, for sure. Contact Avaya or your reseller...

Petran.

I had the same issue with the clock straying. It would actually speed up. First Avaya thought it was the drift file that had to be modified. Finally got to an Avaya Tech that discovered that I couldn't use a Windows 2k3 server because it couldn't use a microsoft NTP server. I set it to 192.73.48.6 which is a time server at a university. I understand they also have more than one time server as well. We haven't had this problem since and our time has been insynch since the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back