Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

860N: Paper Jam - Remove Paper Tray to Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjbuechler

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2001
US
I have an 860N printer that will print fine and then suddenly stops printing and gives me a "Paper Jam - Remove Paper Tray to Clear". This is from the main paper tray and when I open it there is no jam....a single sheet of paper is sitting on the seperator pad but nothing is really jammed. The maintenance kit was changed a couple months back and is almost brand new since the printer is hardly used. I've had the pickup roller and seperator pad replaced and a cleaning done as well as tried new paper and made sure it didn't have too much paper and it still does this. It doesn't matter what I print or where the print job comes from it still does it.

Any ideas?

Greets :) have you removed the left side (just two screws holding it on) and watched to see if pickup roller turns when it fails and gives you the jam? I've had this problem before and found that solinoid was bad would engage pickup roller only when it felt like it. or so it seemed.. remove the left side and do a continous test and watch the bottom solinoid towards the front (you can remove paper tray and turn the pickup roller by hand to verify you have the right one) if the problem is with this you should see it during this test remember to watch the shaft your pickup roller is on not the gear for movement
good luck :)

Thanks, I'll try that. You wouldn't happen to know what the part number would be for that solonoid would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back