Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.0 Problems with builders

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelHawksworth

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2001
GB
I am getting numerous errors from the builders in the new version (combo box etc) that say backup copies already exist plus other messages.

When these fail you loose the item you had called the builder on.

I cant find any references to this anywhere else so I guess it is my config etc.

Anyone any ideas what is causing this as I am getting bored doing everything the long way!

Thanks

Hi

Visual FoxPro has the following minimum system requirements:

Computer: An IBM-compatible computer with a Pentium class processor
Peripherals: Mouse or pointing device
Memory: 64 MB RAM (128 MB or higher recommended)
Hard disk space:
Visual FoxPro Prerequisites: 20 MB
Visual FoxPro Typical Install: 165 MB
Visual FoxPro Maximum Install: 165 MB
Video: 800 x 600 resolution, 256 colors (High color 16-bit recommended)
Operating system: Developing applications with Visual FoxPro 8.0 is supported only on Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 or later, and Windows XP. You can create and distribute run-time applications for Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 or later, and Windows XP.
Note Installation on Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server Edition is not supported.

Are you satisfying these requirements.
:)
ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Michael,
Are you doing this on a new form in 8.0, or are you "converting" an older VFP form? Are you using any framework or just the VFP base classes?

Rick

Ramani
Im well over the minimum specs.

Rick
This is a Foxpro 7 database that has been 'moved up'. Following your email I checked if I get the problem on new developments and no I dont.

Question then is... what is causing the problem from VFP7? I have dealt with the other changes (including the select distinct <table>.* change when the table contains a memo field - gripe gripe) and can find no refererence to other porting issues.

Regards

Michael,
OK, the one thing I'd try is to open the project and do a REBUILD ALL, and if you have any stored procedures in your DBC, use the COMPILE DATABASE command to regenerate this code. Perhaps there is some non-compatible code somewhere in your classes or forms.

The other thing I'd check is to make sure you are actually using the 8.0 builders - check the _BUILDER system variable.

Rick

The builder was runing the FVP 7 builder ::mutters about inheriting projects::.

Thanks for the help folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back