Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7912g phone can't make calls out

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony2018

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2008
US
Hi guys,

I have a 7912 phone that gives me an "error pass limit" message when i pick up the handset or dial an extension. Can't do anything else. I've tried resetting the phone and the configurations as well and still no go. Any suggestions?

I had that error on a 7931. the fix was toup the Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on the line.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Have you checked that the mac adress is correct, sounds like the phonset was autoregistered then unpatched for some time. Do you have auto registered turned on at present, Check that the directory number still exists.

The problem is that there is no extension on the phone so there is no way I can find out what it is. I'll probably try to find it by ip if I could.

Problem solved, the device profile was delete by one of my techs so the phone that was associated with it didn't know what to do so there for it didn't recreate an "auto" extension, kind of like when you first plug it in and it gives an extension of "85XXX". So I searched through the whole CAll Manager for the ip address and created another one. Problem solved. Thanks for chiming in though guys, this community helps me sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back