Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7.5 - Cannot get into Element Manager from System Manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
You have been denied access to the requested resource.

>This may be because:
>
>* You do not have a valid Single Sign-On ID in your request, or
>* The account you used to log in is not granted the privileges >to access the requested resource.
>
>Click the following link to go back to the main navigation >page. You may be asked to log in again.
>
>
I get this message when trying to access the Element Manager. Has anyone seen this on their system? I am trying to get into the Element Manager and it goes between the above message and sometimes it will go to the local-login and put me into the Base Manager of the Signaling Server.

Is this a CPPM sig server? We had a similar issue and it is an issue with the log files not clearing or something like that. Avaya suggested putting a larger hard drive on until a fix was created

Edit the properties for the EM for that PBX and verify that the user name and password along with the TID is correct in the EM settings. Keep in mind when you have system manager that EM is really just a hyper link to take you over to the server where you deployed EM for that site. You actually leave SM when going into EM. Look at the server in your address bar and you will see what I mean.

Here's the quirky thing.

@jakeemerson - I have CPDC cards. If i go into the UCM section and look in the CS1000 system cluster I have the information already popluated.

What I want to do is to remove the cluster and start over. We were initially able to get into the EM, but now, I cannot get into EM and =>stat ss does not show the two CPDC where the EM was deployed.

When trying to get to the EM it alternates between going to the Base Manager of the server or the Error403 message.

Is there any way to remove the CS1000 cluster with the NODE information in the System Manager? That is part that is holding me up?

@KCFLHRC - yes the hyperlink shows the path to the EM, but still does not want to go.

There is a Tree View in UCM when you first log in. The same page where you see all your elements. The top right is a link to Tree View. You can remove components there.

Have you fixed it somehow? We have the same problem :)

Avaya is currently investigating this issue, but it takes a lot of time...

Well this has morphed into someting bigger (i think). Came out to the site and reloaded everything from scratch. Since this is a new system we had that luxury.

After a full reload of the system we were able to get into the Element Manager and begin the initial configuration. Problem we still have is Element Manager is hit and miss. Sometimes we get into the EM sometimes it returns a WEB3106 error and other times it goes to the local-login (Base Manager) of the Signaling Server the EM application resides on.

To get it to work, we had to reboot the Signaling Server and the Call Server and then I could log in, but if it timed out it would not work again, and when it worked, it would not transfer the NODE information out to the elements.

Still quirky, but I didn't have this issue with the prior Service Update. I had all these issues after applying the new Service Update.

I too have a case with Avaya and will let you know what they come back with.

We've reinstalled primary UCM and members. It's working now. Avaya is investigating the log files for 8 days and still without result :(

Our vendor in the past has restarted the Jboss application and that cleared up the issue. Also make sure the redundant systems are sync-ed up.

wrong DNS IP addresses provided. If you are having issues, in the Base Manager, enter in the FQDN information in the DNS/Host section. That is what we did and right away it worked.

then the customer verified DNS IP addresses and we removed the entries from the Base Manager and no problems since

One thing to note, just make sure there is no more than a 5 minute drift between the Sig Servers and PBX. This will cause issues as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back