Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6920 ACD able 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clive Morgan

Systems Engineer
Nov 14, 2017
GB

Hi Guys,

Please help me, I have a Mitel 6920 which I would like to configure as an ACD phone to enable agents to log in and out. It is not a case of ticking the box like you do for the 52xx/53xx phones. According to the Mitel leaflet on the phone it is ACD capable but I can not find any instructions on how to convert it. Thanking you in advance

Regards

Clive

What type of agent are you trying to use? The 69xx series phones only support Hotdesk ACD not traditional ACD

Hi RAMitel,

Thanks for your response, I was coming to that conclusion myself but I cannot understand why they would do this as I bet a few companies will have bought these to upgrade their older phones. Thanks for confirming that as it was driving me batty!!!!

Best Regards

Clive

Yup, Hotdesk only

Why? they announced retirement of the Traditional ACD model ages ago - like years actually

They failed miserably in conveying the message. When I called tech support on this, it had to go up to the Engineering level to get an answer. None of the course documents mentioned this limitation adn the ONLY reference to it is in the What's new in this Release and is inconspicuous to say the least

Helpfiles said:
Other changes introduced in conjunction with the new phones:

Personal ring tones (6900 series phones only).

The 6940 and 6930 IP Phone support MobileLink, a feature that provides seamless mobile integration using Bluetooth wireless technology. With MobileLink users can sync the mobile phone’s contact list with the 6940/6930; answer a mobile phone call using the 6940/6930 and move active calls between the two devices. See the 6940 and 6930 IP Phone User Guide on the Mitel eDocs web site for more information.

Headset mode behaviors are improved.Pressing the key when a headset is plugged in and a call is ringing answers the call. If the phone is idle, dial tone is returned. Pressing the key again toggles audio to the speaker. At any time, you can lift the handset and audio will follow.

The Redial fixed-function key on the 69xx phones provides a list of numbers to call when pressed.

Rather than only colors and flash rates, displays on the 69xx phones use shapes, icons, and colors to make it easier to distinguish call and feature states.

A new key programming method, Long Key Press, presents a short list of popular features 69xx users can assign to their keys. Other features must be assigned using the System Admin Tool or Desktop Tool..

Call Duration Display on 6900 series phones is augmented to include internal calls in addition to external calls available on legacy phones.

New form, Phone Applications Update, uploads Screen Saver and Branding applications to MiVoice Business for distribution to supporting devices, including 6900 series phones. (NOTE: 6900 series phones do not support HTML applications.)

Handoff is augmented by softkeys labeled Push Call or Pull Call depending on busy/idle state of member phone. Applies to 6900 series phones only. Legacy sets retain the Handoff key which now becomes lit when a Push or Pull is allowed.

Call History changes (6900 series phones only):

- dedicated fixed-function key provided in lieu of softkey
- addition of missed call count (draws attention to repeated missed calls from the same caller)

Phone Administrator Passcode added to System Security Management form. Used to access certain functions on the 69xx phones. The phone prompts for the passcode when the Setting key followed by Advanced sofkey are pressed. For more information, see the 6900 Series Admininstrator's Guide on the Mitel eDocs web site.

New users can be sent a welcome email from the User and Services Configuration form. Information conveyed in the email includes, user name and password; phone details (model, DN, PIN, etc.); and voicemail details (mailbox number and passcode).

6900 series phones provide a native directory (Contacts) application for performing user lookups on an external OpenLDAP directory server. Support for the legacy Phonebook is retained through the addition of an embedded LDAP server accessible over MiNET. This allows 6900 series phones to access the MiVoice Business internal directory (Teldir).

Softkeys for toggling Background Music and Music on Hold on and off are not available on 6900 series phone. Users wanting this feature can program it to a feature key.

[highlight #FCE94F]6900 series phones cannot be programmed as traditional ACD Sets[/highlight]

Desktop Tool changes

- The common features list is revised to contain User Speedcall, User SpeedCall – Private, Account Code Verified, Call Fwd Always, Do Not Disturb. Phone Lock. Clicking the new button ‘All Features’ will switch the list to display all the features available for programming.
- For 69xx IP Phones only, PKM keys can now be programmed using the Desktop Tool.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

We just converted our entire company to Hot Desk ACD and it is reeking havoc with our CSR people. Call History changes, login and logout procedures and abilities change. You have to purchase extra licensing to convert from traditional ACD to Hot desk ACD (that was a fun one to discover during the cutover). I don't know why Mitel chose to not make the 6900 phones traditional ACD capable. Seems like it would have been better to do such a thing. We are finding all sorts of unwanted limitations with the 6940 phones that we are having to program around.

what additional licensing did you need
did you assign a full license to the base instead of using device only extensions?

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back