Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

66Mod block to PARTNER ACS HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianb1998

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
US
i was wondering if anyone could help me. we are converting from an old modular 66 block system to the new PARTNER ACS release 7. We have 6 lines and 15 phones we need to connect so that they all ring when a call comes in on any line. right now the equipment we have is the partner ACS box and the extension box we also have cat 3 cable run to each location where there should be a phone. we would like to put connectors on the ends of the cables and connect directly to the phones what we really need help with is connecting the mod block to the ACS line box. any info would be extremely help full. and if you could really dumb it down for me i have never done ant thing like this before

Thanks A lot

Installation and Programming knowledge plus the proper tools are required for your project.
I would suggest calling a vendor to have your system installed.

and if you could really dumb it down for me i have never done ant thing like this before

And now is not the time to start. Let your fingers do the walking, call a vendor.

-Hal

thanks for the lovely advise but i want to do it my self i have all the tools and every thing i need i mainly need help with the cross over connections from the 66 block to the ACS

I think that it's a bit much to expect to garner adequate guidance from a forum to allow you to competently install a phone system with no previous experience. If it is truly just 66-block help - here goes:
Need two pairs from each station cable wired similar to RJ14 (same color code, just not terminated to two CO lines in parallel). Crimp modular plug onto one end of 2-pr cross-connect, cut other end onto first two pairs of station cable at 66 block. White/blue pr on center pins (3 & 4 if using 6-pin plug) and white/orange on next pins out (2 & 5). Regular USOC-type wiring at far end.
If cable is in place, call a vendor and hire them for an hour or two - they'll probably be able to finish the job in that amount of time. It'll be worth every penny. Good luck.
Mike

Brian, do you get the idea that people in here who know what they're talking about suggest you CALL A VENDOR ??
Spend $60-$80 now save $100s later. literally.

If you've never installed something like this before, you really should contact a vendor. This is a lot more complicated than it seems.

you people have no faith im not completely dumb i have a eet degree.....just no phone knowledge....Oh and i did it my self anyway and it worked

Bachlors Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology

YOU PEOPLE" ??? I see from your other post that you are now having some programming issues. When I/We (you people)
suggested that you contact a vendor it was not meant as an insult.It was meant to keep you from having present/future problems with the system

Bachlors Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology

from the back of a matchbook ?

send 59.95 and you to can have a eet degree :)

(should have sent the 99.00 and gotten the masters )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back