Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6408 and 6416 sets on IPO R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

djs01

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
CA
Hello,

I understand that these sets will work on an expansion module only for IP500 V2. Just wondering if there are any features that will not work, or cannot be accessed from these phones as opposed to the 54xx phones?

One that i can think of would be the Visual Voice feature - can anyone confirm this will not work on 64xx phones?

Thanks in advance.
DJ

nope all good with these phones, I run a few on my test set and so far I could not find anything not working.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

How does the visual voicemail feature work?

not great but better than expected (I had to test it)
when you press visual voice it shows in the screen the user and (at least) 1 huntgroup you get the message light for and shows the amount of messages you have above it. When you press the softkey assigned to the user or huntgroup it goes on speaker and goes to voicemail and you need to use the keypad for commands.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Thanks am/Westi.

Does Speed dial and Call Log work on those phones?

directory works quite nicely shows name and number over top of each other

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

If you add a headset toggle button it does not function correctly if you use a Plantronics cordless headset like on a 54xx series phones.

You have to press the Headset toggle button and press the talk button on the cordless headset at the same time to get dial tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back