Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5610SW IP No User Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

usfregale

Technical User
May 1, 2009
US
I'm having some trouble with a 5610SW IP telephone.

The phone is located at a remote site some distance from our IP 500 (5.0.20). The locations are connected via VPN. There are several Avaya 5601 phones at the site working without this problem.

Each time the phone boots it comes to a screen that reads "6031:NoUser B" followed by a "Login" button. The phone works for internal calls only, but cannot make external calls. Each time I attempt to hit the Login button it prompts for Extn, which I enter, and then password which I enter. No matter the result the phone then displays "INVALID". I have tried with several extensions and reset multiple extension passwords multiple times.

We have previously used the 5610SW IP at several other sites without difficulty. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Richard

Dou you have a user with the telephone number 6031?
If not create a user with telephonenumber 6031 and do not give it a logincode.
If you have then erase the logincode and untick force login if set.

Okay on a whim I did a hard reset of the IP 500 and now the ext 6031 does come online properly. However, 6031 is not the correct extension I want assigned to this line, in fact I have no idea where that extension came from. How do I change it to a different extension and made it a permanent change (every time I change it and restart the KSU I go back to 6031).

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back