Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5610 IP installation problem HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSTECH

Vendor
May 9, 2008
US
Trying to install a 5610 Ip phone to IP 403 3.1.56 (old yes). The phone is at remote location.. There is VPn connection set up and data works on the VPN.. the problem I have is it is stuck in Discover 192.XXX.XXX.XXX.When I 1st took phone out of box and programmed it I got it to work.. The problem started after I programed the file server address in phone to upgrade it.. After it upgraded then rebooted it can';t find the IPO... Tried clearing phone.. rebooting IPO nothing works..

I can ping the IPO from the remote site
monitor does not seem to show and activity from the phone when booting up.. however the TFTP loog shows it send files..

I am a loss..

any help is appreciated

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Brought phone back to my office and tried it and it went through the upgrade again and phone works here... So I will brig it and another phone back to customer site and try again... will let you know..

Thanks for eveyones help

ACS- IPOffice Implement

Looks like the same problem i had :)

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Sorry to get in on this so late..... If you still have problem, try setting the 802.1Q=OFF. When it is on we have observed that the phones will sometimes not find their way across the network properly. Don't know why and have not had time to track down details as am still in middle of first IP 500 deployment. Just know that when we have similar problem that we usually find that 802.1Q is set to "Auto" or "ON".

Hope this helps...

Just an update.. problem resolved... The Sonic wall at the remote site had to have an h323 setting disbabled.. Once customer turned it off the phone came up..... Thanks for all your help...

ACS- IPOffice Implement

ahh the old h323 fixup issue. Not sure why that would hve effected your setup tho since you stated that the phone was able to boot up and connect prior to attempting to upgrade. Seems to me it would have not connected at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back