Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5410s becoming non-functional

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
i have a 406v2 on 4.0(7) with about 15 digital phones and 15 ip phones. first i will say i dont think the problem is in the sorftware, because the same thing was happening on 3.2(57). i was hoping the upgrade would fix this issue i was having, but no luck. there is also no rhyme or reason on the specific port, it seem to be happening randomly and on both the 406 and the DS module.

once or twice a week most of the digital phones will become non-functional. by non-functional i mean, the buttons appear to be there, but you get no response from pressing any button or number on the phone. also, the name and extension number do not appear beneath the line. i know that one time a phone displayed
5410 R5 3-7-07....Please Wait. Usually if you unplug and plug the phone back in it fixes the problem, but yesterday i had to reboot the system.

I would suggest everyone that has this issue RMA all of their power supplies, and power leads if they are still under warranty. Then get the PB as well. If it costs Avaya enuf PSU's they may fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back