Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5312 handsets cutting off calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiefoxydog

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
GB
Hi,
Has any one else experienced problems with 5312 handsets running on 3300 Mxe on rel 9 software dropping calls and rebooting.

It appears to happen when the handsets renew their DHCP lease. Dhcp is on the 3300 and a completley separate network to the customers PC's so no Vlan's are running. The phones are spread across different network switches and we've installed the latest firmware for the phones from Mitel's website.

As a work around at the moment we've set static IP's on the phones most affected to see if this resolves the issue but as the site has over 100 5312's this is not an ideal solution. We've also set all the switch ports to 100mb instead of auto sensing to see if this helps.

Did you upgrade the phones ?
There are new bin files for the 5312/24 instead of the files that came with the original software

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yes we've installed the latest firmware for the phones from Mitel's website, the one that was released on 21st jan

We have the same problem, we have a site that has 5330, 5312 and 5324 handsets, the 5330 handsets have never rebooted.... however all the 5312 and 5324 handsets are rebooting every day.

Hi,
Are your handsets using the DHCP server on the 3300? Since we've set the problem phones to static IP's they don't seem to be having any more issues.

Now that you mention it, the three 5330's on site haven't had any problems. There's no mention of it on the release notes but maybe rel 9 ur2 might fix it!

Hello,
is this issue solved yet, because I am experiencing the same problems on one of our customers, with a mitel 3300MXe running 9.0 UR1 software.

Hi Sankop,
Setting the phones to static IP's appears to have stopped the resets. The system is also on Rel 9 UR1, seems to be a possible bug!
Regards
Jules

Has anybody with this issue upgraded to UR2? If so, did the issue go away?

We are experiencing the same issue with 5312's (not affecting the 5330's), but have rolled out about 200 - 250 of them (less than 1/3 of the way through the roll out) before discovering there was an issue. Also, we're NOT using Mitel's DHCP server, we're using a Linux DHCP server, so don't think that which DHCP server is in use.

Alan

Phew, Not alone...

We have 3 sites with 5312's all with reboot issues and all on firmware 2.0.0.31 and Mitel S/ware 9.0.1.17 (UR1)
Site 1 - Standalone 3300 CXi system, My Laptop in back of phone, phone went offline/resilient (2 black boxes in right side of screen) - reason: DHCP renewal
Site 2 - Voice and data on one network with VLAN's
phones now DHCP (On 3300 CXi Mitel) still rebooting with error log fsm_rx_close_timedout.
N.B. Phones rebooted when they were static!
Site 3 - Voice and Data on one network with VLAN's
Phones lock up leaving the screen showing the last working time and date.
Tickets open with Mitel but they think that we are the only company with these issues
We will upgrade a site to UR2 and let you know

(First time user, hope my wording and format is ok)

Mitel have advised with regards to the error log "fsm_rx_close_timedout" as below:

The FSM log is when the phone is on a call and it 'loses its connection to the controller. It doesnt give any clues as to why the phone disappears.

(Hopefully upgrading a site to UR2 today)

Not seen the issue since upgrading to Ur2, but need more time to decide if it's really gone.
Alan

I have several sites running 9.0 UR2 and the 5312 sets. No problems rebooting.

I do have a site running 9.0 UR1 and I heard they were having issues with them rebooting.

Has this issue been addressed with Mitel support? How about the Known Problems List?

I can check the KB later if anyone needs me to.

- Mark

My supplier say that they have spoken with Mitel regarding this, and that whilst they were aware of an issue in 9.0, they believed that it was fixed in UR1, and that there was no specific fix in UR2.

Alan

We have upgraded to 9 UR2, but phones are freezing (occassionally)
The sole 5330 on site has not rebooted.
Still in hand with Mitel/Us to resolve.
Next step, swop the handsets for 5212's
N.B. Our HP PoE switch is running LLDP if that rings any alarm bells with anyone (Also CallRecording via a monitoring port monitoring all 5312 ports on the HP switch)

We are having the same issue with 9.0 UR1. We are going to upgrade to 9.0 UR2 PR2 (new as of a few days ago) and hopefully the problem will go away.

2 Sites now on 9UR2 and both have 5312's freezing / rebooting - Also one extn with a 5312 we swopped for a 5212 - even that rebooted.
I have now locked phone ports to vlan2 (28thMay) and will provide update on progress
(Also noticed that the HP switch running LLDP is relatively old (08.02 - there's a version 10 out now) might have to upgrade it)

It's gone !
Twelvty seven months later and I am pretty sure it's stopped
Hp Switch was on a version that was noted for CRC errors etc
Upgraded switch to Latest (10) and (at the same time) locked all phones to Speed 100, Full duplex and Flow Control on and did the same with the HP switch ports.
The other site is still unproved - still in hand

I lied
Even after locking the HP port and Phone port speeds down to 100 full duplex error control ON, still happening.
Few and far between but there are still occasional reboots.
Have upgraded the Firmware again - Monitoring

i Put 2 different switches hp and a linksys and i notice that it didnt do anything (seems like the more they use the phone the more it shows)

now my setup is using a sx 200 icp it kinda tells me that this could be a firmware bug on the phone or either a bug on the system but my phones reboot like once every 2 days.

but what im seeing consistent is my 200icp i upgraded right when these phones came out so these phones can be supported so im thinking new firmware on phones and new firmware on 200icp

its a possibility since theres alot of different users experiencing this right now ill go check the knowledge base or a release notes.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back