Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500v2 9.1.0.437 rebooting twice a day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0G3tt3r

Programmer
Nov 11, 2009
US
after reboot i see this.

Abnormal termination
<CM Sem> addr=00000000 d=0 pc=00000000

Where do I start after a firmware upgrade if the issue continues? The system really never gets crazy busy.
I could go to Avaya but sometimes I would rather take a beating.
Thanks in advance.

[18 call paths Sip trunks - VCM 64 - 6 Channel Embedded - mix of 40 9508s&9608s]

So is this a new install or for some reason did it just started restarting out of the blue..?

The end is near!

Have you brought up monitor to see what exactly happens prior to the reboot and possibly post the results?

The end is near!

I will try that next. I was hoping the error sparked a memory in this forum.

If it's brand new why are you installing the GA release of 9.1 ?
Latest release is 9.1.10.0.192.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Is there a TAPI running?

If so, update to at least 9.1.9

My system was rebooting every 15 days or so after it was installed in January. Found there was a memory leak issue. Vendor installed a patch and the problem has not returned.

My fingers are crossed with this firmware upgrade. Everything seems to be pretty stable right now

9.1.0 is a garbage release. If I see anyone running it I immediately suggest upgrading. I am not in the least bit surprised upgrading has resolved your issue (so far at least).

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

First thing I do if I hear reboot or weird stuff of any kind is suggesting upgrades.
I don't want to chase problems that are fixed already and waste my time. Sounds like Avaya I know but I actually care :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

critchey said:
9.1.0 is a garbage release
I completely disagree, we have dozens of happy customers using 9.1.9 without any issue.

Think he was referring to the GA release which G0G3tt3r had on hos IPO before upgrading.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Oh, I always keep fingers crossed on a first major release of any version. In that context I subscribe his post.

Oh ya I am referring to 9.1.0 itself. I have found 9.1.6 and 9.1.9 to be pretty stable for our customers

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back