Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500V2 8 Trunk Card Issues 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcsavaya

MIS
Oct 6, 2009
US
IP Office 500V2
2 Combo Cards
1 Digital Cards with Daughter Trunk Card. Running latest Release 7.0.36

My last analogue trunk card is not showing up in the system. Its showing the Dig 8 card and the extensions are showing, but the daughter card wont show in SSA and there are no more trunks listed than the 2 combo cards. The 2 combo cards are working as they should. Is there a max number of trunks you can use when doing combo cards? I know you cant have more than 2 combo cards, but I thought that you could still add a Dig8 Card with more analogue trunks. Am I wrong?

New ATM trunk cards need a newer release than R7 to be recognised I believe :)

I dont have licensing for 8.0, can I jump up and then back down?
WTH Avaya......

They still sell the old cards, it's up to you to buy the right stuff :)

For Gods sakes, its a 500V2; not that old of a system, why make a card that wont work with specific software releases and then some that will. Our distributor gave us the system, and the card. So in the meantime, can I upgrade to 8 then come back down to make it work?

It's like having a PC, it may be new(ish) but if you add hardware it will require drivers, for an IP Office it's written into the firmware so that's why you need a later release, and no it will not work if you back it down a level afterwards, but I suppose you could try :)

So whats the difference in the cards? You are telling me the V2 has 2 separate types of analogue daughter cards? 1 for release 7 and 1 for release 8? What card did I get that is the wrong one?

Avaya IP500 Analog Trunk Card 4 Universal (700417405) Works on ALL IP Offices
Avaya IP500 Analog Trunk Card 4 Universal (700503164) Works on 8.1 and above.....screw you avaya. Just stupid. Why not perfect the one that works on all systems..... :(

I also think it is stupid but what can you do about it?
They did need to make a new type of card because of some issues and they could probably not fix it in the software too.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Just to throw gasoline on the fire..

Does anyone know if you can take one of the older ATM daughter cards and swap it out to work on a v2 combo card?

Dan

Live every day as if wild dogs were chasing you!!
Wild dogs....everyday....LIVE!!!

I think you can, from the way I understand it you can use the old one in anything, the new one in only the new....which begs the question....WTFAVAYA!

How long exactly have you had this system V7.0 is seriously old firmware.

Is this a new card you have recently fitted?

If you purchased this through your maintainer they should have know the requirements get them to come back & replace it with one that works with your system.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

@IPGuru

7.0 seriously old firmware ? That's 2 years old. Unless you need a new feature, if it aint broke dont fix it. As far as the disti, they dont sell V1 anymore over here, so we're stuck recycling cards we took out for configuration/capacity porpuses.

They are acting like crApple with their iOS.

ACSS-SME

I think its funny you cant even order the old ones at all anymore, stuck with refurbished, just another way for them to force upgrades on people. Its shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back