Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.0 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPhello

Programmer
Aug 13, 2005
US
The Release 5.0 Field Trial program is due to begin in April 20th 2009 and concludes July 2009 for GA Release August 3rd 2009.
Release 5.0 will introduce two new components to IP Office: "one-X Portal for IP Office" and "Unified DECT". Version 5.0 also has new features and enhancements. Some of the more significant features are listed below:

IP Office 5.0 New Core Features:

• 1600 Handsets enhanced – Call Lists, Directory, Menus (1608 & 1616 Telephones only)
• Enhanced Call Handling behaviors
• Call Alerting
• Lamp Indication
• Transfer of Dial Tone to Barred User
• Unconditional Forward to Voicemail
• Call Coverage to Operator Voicemail
• Embedded Voicemail – Dial by Name
• SIP Endpoint Support (IP Endpoint License required)
• T.38 Fax support over SIP Trunks – Analogue POT port or SIP Endpoint Analogue Adaptor (IP Endpoint License required) for network connectivity. IP500 VCM only.
• IP Telephony “Ease of Use/Installation”
• Resilient SCN for IP Telephones and Centralized Voicemail Pro (5.0 IP Office systems only)
• SCN expanded from 16 to 32 Site networks (5.0 IP Office systems only)
• 1600 Button Label Printing direct from Manager
• Increased Extension Capacity – IP500/4-Port Expansion Module - increased from 272 to 384 extensions.
• Increased Conference Capacity – IP500 Conference Capacity has been increased to 128 conference channels with a maximum of 64 parties in any particular conference
• Increased Voicemail Channels – IP500 can now be licensed up to 40 Voicemail Pro channels
• IP500 4-Port Expansion Card – can be used to provide IP500 Control Unit with an additional 4 ports for connection to external expansion modules. IP500 can now support up to 12 expansion modules

New Applications:

• “one-X Portal for IP Office” – Thin Client Telephony Management on the desktop (License required per User)
• Voicemail Pro Enhancements & SCN Resilience compatibility
• Contact Store 7.8.5

New Hardware:

• IP500 4-Port Expansion Card
• New AVAYA “Unified DECT” – a new Dect System using IP for Media Path and new handsets 3720 & 3725
• 1603SW Telephone

New License Key Requirements (IP Office Main Control Unit)

• IP Office 5.0 Software Upgrade License (1 License per Control Unit)
• one-X Portal for IP Office (1 License per User)
• Voicemail Pro - IP500 can now be licensed up to 40 ports
• Voicemail Pro - Exchange 2007 enhancements require UMS license
• Voicemail Pro – SCN Resilience – VM Pro Licenses are required on the Backup IP Office
• SIP Endpoints - SIP Endpoint telephones & ATA Analogue Adaptors for T.38 Fax require “3rd Party IP Endpoints” licenses

This was not smart to post!!!

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

It'll more than likely be deleted shortly. Naughty Boy :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Saying that there was no NCD on the Email so it could be considered public knowledge as IP Guru said! We'll see ;-)

NDA even!!

4 port expansion. That would be the end for the 412 then!!

Also I see the long awaited, "you'll have to get a license to get this software level", even though software has bee free for the past 7 years!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

They say they will bundle the licence with new systems, the licence is for existing systems only. We knew it was coming though :)

Indeed
But then there can be no argument from Avaya that you need to upgrade because of a bug !!!
If it is a bug then the software is just not good enough

So i would like to see it disappeare or for a small amount
But i am affraid they won't listen to me :) (like at home) :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

The only thing now will be is 5.0 for the 500 range only?

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Could be possible, i don't know
Probably the upgrade license is only for major releases like with the CM

I can't wait till august to be honest (better weather) :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

IP Office 5.0 will be supported on the following hardware:

• IP500
• IP406V2
• IP412
• All supported systems will require a new Version 5 Software License Key
• All Handsets currently supported in Version 4.2

IP Office 5.0 will not be supported on the following hardware:

• Small Office Edition
• IP401
• IP403
• IP406 (V1)
• IP406 (V2 with 32 Mb Memory)

does look like the 412 may fall by the wayside....

40 ports vm, 12 exp ports, 128 conf channels......

arsene knows......

everything. apart from the importance of depth in a squad. and what a chequebook looks like......

I guess I will fall behind with my SOE at home and have to purchase a new 500, that will make the Mrs. not happy
or I just keep my SOE as long as it works for my SIP lines and wait until it gets hit by lightning or dies the natural death of all electronics and then purchase a new IP600 bu then.
I was actually hoping that the SOE can support the 5.0 to use my SIP phones but had the suspicion that it wouldn't.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

This was not smart to post!!!

opinions seem to vary.

i think everyone who has replied would have seen this anyway, but not sure if it was public knowledge or not. which is why it wasnt smart to post.

kind of irrelevant anyway as people wont get the software until it goes GA.

apart from a privileged few...

arsene knows......

everything. apart from the importance of depth in a squad. and what a chequebook looks like......

IPhello
time will show if it was smart or the opposite or just indifferent. If you get an angry letter from Avaya about this and get kicked off this forum then you know it for sure, until then let's enjoy it.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Maybe they are just requiring the license for 5.0 and wont require it with each subsequent major release. I can see this because the ip500 becomes worth more when it now can support 40vm, 128conf, and 12 expansion modules.

I would also imagine if this is the case, we might see the base cost of ip500 go up, or maybe of professional edition license at the least.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

Anyone know if 5.0 will support 9600 series sets? The post does not seem to address this. Though I saw another post a few weeks back where someone seemed to have knowledge of 5.0 supporting 9600 sets.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

Afraid not, also from now on all major releases are liceneced i.e 6 and 7 but minor i.e 6.2,6.3 are not.

How are we supposed to get trial sites if we don't tell people about the release LOL.

Yes version licence is only for mjor releases, not sure what value it adds though.

Good thing is SIP endponts so take part in the trial and test one of the Polycom SIP conference phones.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back