Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4th PRI in MICS XC 7.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnava

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2005
US
I do not know if anyone has tried this, but I thought that I would, and by god it works just fine.

I installed a 4th PRI card in a MICS XC 7.0 System. When I looked at the programming before I tried it, it always gave you the PRI-D option, so I installed a 2nd Trunk Module and installed it and it works just fine. By the way, it was installed at a customers site and is now been up for 4 months. I wil try to give you guys a statice report in a few more months or if I have problems.

Just thought I would share this with you all.

but why ??the ratio for system seems way wrong..VM could never handle the load... a acd on it could not handle the load.How many user's does it have ??

To answer some questions.

Yes I have installed the Trunk Modules in expansion ports 7 and 8.

The ratio may seem wrong but for this customer it works just great, they use 2 PRI lines for local and long distance and the other 2 PRI's are being used on an Auto Dialer.

For voice mail they are using a third party Repartee by Active Voice, 12 ports.

We have 135 users on the system with 2 expansion ports open.

Works great for me, Nortel may not fully support it, but hey, the programming is there, so why not.

It sure saved our customer a bundle from looking at an Option 11.

As for the why, I would think that adding another remote connected site to your network woul be great.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

if its not supported i wouldnt network a site..to much of a liability.

But if it works...

Thanks, dnava. Let us know if anything goes awry.

occasionaly you see areas of programming where it looks like one of the programmers had started off in programming with an intention in mind that they just never got around to fulfilling such as on the CICS there is that annoying little serial port that is just labeled "for future use"

what I was getting to was that the programmer might have set up a 4th PRi/T1 but not gone any further with it and as such no support/documentation. since you actually tried putting in that fourth card and got somewhere an interesting possibility is that the CICS which does not "support" anything other than CO and BRI on their trunk cards has all 24/30 ports reserved out for each of the cards.?.?.?

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

The old numbering scheme would seem to indicate that, but I've always assumed that was to "unify" the numbering scheme between the cics and mics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back