Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4624 IP phones using TFTP Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kn1ght

MIS
May 4, 2007
US
Good Morning everyone,

IP Office 412 running version 3.2 (17)
Appx 20 users with 4612/4624 IP phones

I encountered some issues at this customer’s site that I could not figure out. I believe the trouble is with IPO and also their TFTP server.
I noticed that IPO Manager was trying to download a file entitled 46xxsettings.txt but would only go as far as 99% and would hang. When resetting the IP phones they would go through their download process and would hang up on the download, the phone display would show the 46xxsettings.txt and would stop at 14KB. The customer is using TFTPServer2000 as IPO only allows for 5 IP phones. TFTP was causing problems and it seemed the service would stop. When I rebooted the PC TFTPServer2000 would start again and I could reset the IP phones and after several downloads would come back up temporarily, but not all the phones would come back up. It seemed the 4612’s would come up, but not the 4624’s. The only configuration changes that were made were to a couple of extensions and the changes were simple name changes and some button changes. There were no system configuration changes made at all except one under the gatekeeper I changed “auto create VOIP extension” from auto to manual. After this I deleted one users profile and extension and recreated them. The phone came up with the new users name and seemed to work fine for a while. Then the loop started all over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back