Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4620SW Ip phones not working and 3 flashing lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkattfish

MIS
Jul 19, 2006
US
We have an Avaya S8700 server and approximately 20 Avaya 4620SW ip phones that we have never had this problem with. We recently acquired 3 phones that all do the same thing and this is what they do when plugged in:
Initializing
loading fw (as it normally does)
starting
1000mbps Ethernet
dhcp for 4 seconds

then it goes to the speaker, headset and mute button lights flashing in that sequence with a blank screen. I never get the option to hit * to program as I normally have. I have tried pressing it anyways, but nothing happens. Has anybody seen this before or can you offer me any suggestions?

Thank you

Sorry, it's actually an Avaya 8300 Server. I didn't see a way to edit my original post.

press mute then type 73738# this will reset the phone parameters and possibly let you manually enter the ip addressing rather than wait for DHCP to allocate them.

I have the same problem with some of them, and think it's the firmware that's went corrupt, but can't prove it and can't find any answers.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

I have tried pressing the 73738# multiple times. at what point am i supposed to try this? maybe i am doing it at the wrong time.

from past experience and from what i have read, you should see your menu on the phone before you can use any of the mute # features. is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back