Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

412 SCN Call Quality Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedtwo

Technical User
Jul 23, 2008
US
I have a SCN consisting of three systems. Main location is a 412 release 5.0(8) with VMPro, approx 280 extensions and config size is 252kb. First remote site is a 500v2 release 6.0(8) with no voicemail, approx 30 extensions and config size of 43 kb. Second remote site is a 500v2 release 6.1(5) with VMPro, approx 90 extensions and config size of 63kb. All two remote sites are connected back to the 412 with dedicated point to point circuits with a switch connecting all together at the main site.

Under the current configurations on each system everything works great. The customer however is wanting to add 50 new hunt groups. When we add the 50 new hunt groups to the 412 we start having call qaulity issues accross the SCN.

What you hear sounds similar to a cymbal crashing then silence for about a second whenever someone logs in or out of hot desking accross the SCN or if someone hangs up during the auto attendant greeting on the VMPro attached to the 412.

In testing we have found that this starts happening somewhere after adding the 25th new hunt group. Also, we have found that the only way to stop the problem with the hunt groups in the configuration is to disconnect the voicemail server from the switch at the main site were the 412 is located.

At this point I believe our problem is tied to the configuration. Originally I thought the configuration was getting to large but I have since found the 412 should be able to handle a configuration size upto 1mb and ours is only at 252kb.

Any sugestions or answers would be much appreciated. If you need more information just ask and I will try to get it.

Also, we have found that the only way to stop the problem with the hunt groups in the configuration is to disconnect the voicemail server from the switch at the main site were the 412 is located.
Can you tell how the switch port for the 412 is configured.

I have a feeling that this is a either collisions or a duplex mismatch.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

>412's are only 100 meg half duplex

My point exactly...

Take Care

Matt

In further testing of the problem, we have found the trouble starts when the configuration file size goes over 256kb. From the documentation I have seen the limit is 1meg on the 412.

>In further testing of the problem, we have found the trouble starts when the configuration file size goes over 256kb

What bandwidth are your dedicated links? Do you have any QoS over them. Can you provide any interface stats from the switch for the IPO port?

Take Care

Matt

First site has a T1 at 1.5mbs dedicated to voice traffic only. Site two has metro ethernet at 3.0mbs dedicated to voice only. The t1 is a point to point no QoS but, the metro ethernet link does have QoS setup on it.
If needed.

I just talked to our technical staff and they came to the conclusion we are going over on the number of users for release 5.0. Current number of users on the SCN is approx 465. So, when we add the 50 new hunt groups we go over the limit of 500 total users for release 5.0.

We are already ordering a upgrade license to 6.1 for the 412, which will increase total number of users to 1000.

As soon as we get the upgrade license installed I will post our results.

The 256kb should be no problem have done some IP412 just over 300kb. And an IP500 on 400kb

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back