Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

404 not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bivman

Technical User
Jan 13, 2008
US
I have two IP500 systems with a SIP trunk between them. On system #2, the extension numbers are in the SIP Name tab for each user, so when calls come from system #1, system #2 recognizes the extension as on-system and all is OK. However, when calls come from system #2 to system #1, the extensions have the main number for our call center in the SIP Name tab so caller ID goes out. I get a 404 Not Found error when calls come in. I have found that I can create a dummy extension with the extension number in it, and the calls will come in, but I don't want to create 188 dummies, and have to create a dummy every time I add or delete and extension. Is there a wildcard way to get the system to accept the calls?

Thanks,
-Jon

Try to see if tech tip 188 helps:

Techtip 188

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

SIP URI - enter * in each box for incoming calls, this is a wild card. match the digits in the ICR to the Trunk group as normal.

make sure you create a different trunk with the wildcard for out so calls don't fail.

Tried the wildcard yesterday on 6.0 but did not work.

I am using the wild card on my 6.0 and it works. I now have a Right fax server hanging on a SIP trunk that can dial in and out. I could not get the dial out part working until i did the * set up.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Tried it with only the wildcard and did not work while it did on 5.X

When i have the time i will try again.

So there are no wildcards on v 4.2(17) huh?
Do I understand I have to pay for v 5?

Thanks,
-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back