Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4 digit code + last 4 digits of ext. Name of this feature? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbixtelecom

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
US
We have an office in NYC. To dial them, we use a 4 digit code + the last 4 digits of an individuals extenstion to call them instead of dialing 9-1-212-xxx-xxxx, etc. I'm trying to figure out the name of this feature so I can set up a similar dialing code for our MA offices. Is this called Thru dialing? Also, if someone can point me to the correct LD it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Most like it is UDP. You most likely are dialing AC2 + LOC Code + extension. LOC codes are set up in LD 90;

Thanks for the quick response and the assistance!

another way to do that without ac2 is dcs's.. build a distant steering code either pointing to a tie route or a ld route, with the ld route add a dgt to insert the 91xxx xxx.. dsc is under cdp in ld 87, new ndp.. build the rlb in 86 and the dgt 1st then point any vacant 1 to 4 digit number to that rlb... thru dial is a mail feature... i don't use ac2 for that but i have seen it done

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks, John, for the advice. I'll look into that as well.

if you need the code, let us know, i have it set up in my 81 for several sites, cisco, opt 11's and some keysystems. on the key systems if i just have pstn access, i add a 4 digit dn (dsc) for each station then delete 4 and insert the keysystem did for that station.. at least my users don't need to know what dept the dept is in.. if your remote switch is on a unique number plan, that is possible on larger systems.. we tied a rolm back to a 61c, with users moving between the switch, they moved there did and uses still dialed the 4 digit dn without wondering where the person was this week.. that only works if each switch has unique dn's.. this fall or next spring we are going to 5 digits so we can dial 5 digits to any of over 10,000 stations,, once you set it up once, it's pretty easy

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks again to lretrievers and John for the assistance. Also just in case anyone is trying to set up something similar. You need to first build a DMI and RLI, both in ld 86 before setting up the LOC in ld 90. I found this out the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back