Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0 - no secondary dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hberry

Programmer
Oct 24, 2005
CA
Just upgraded a system with a PRI from 3.0 to 4.0. Unable to get any secondary dial when a user dials 9 to get an outside line.

Check your system shortcodes and make sure thier is no other shortcode that starts with a 9 except this one.
9 N Dial 0

"The lack of money is the root of all evil

Do you know if there are any issues with a PRI and 4.0?

I've installed a couple of systems with 4.0 but they used analog lines and I had no problems.

What phones are you using???

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

4.0 converts the secondary dial tone SC into something like this:

SC: 9N
FEA: Dial
TN: N
ID: 50:Main

Where 50:Main is an ARS table and most likely needs to be tweaked to get it to work correctly with the PRI. If LCR was also being used, the LCR would be converted to an ARS table and probably needs to be tweaked as well.

Check the Secondary dial tone tick box in the ARS form

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Had the same problem this weekend. I have the correct short codes and on the ARS form I have Secondary Dial Tone ticked.
Tried other ways but nothing seems to work, copper trunks or PRI. I have 5410 qnd 5420 sets and get the same result on both.

Any Ideas?

Thanks for all the feedback. All the shortcodes are correct. I'm using 5410 & 5420 phone sets. I think it may be a bug in the 4.0.5 version. I know Avaya is coming out with a new release at the end of the month. Hopefully that fixes it otherwise I will have to open a ticket with AVAYA to get this resolved.

If anyone finds a solution before then, please let me know.
Thanks for all the help.

You (hberry) haven't actaully said anything about the short code routing being used so everyone else is having to help you by guessing.

What user dialing matchign which system short code routing to which ARS containing what short code?

Meanwhile my money would be on lack of ; in the short codes. You only get seconbdary dial tone while the IP Office is waiting to work out which trunk to seize. Once is has a trunk then tones are all down to the exchange at the far end. If your routing is pretty simple and doesn't have ; then the IP Office seizes a trunk and start sending digits before secondary dial tone ever gets to be played. The ; even if you don't need enbloc dialing tells the IP Office to wait until dialing is complete (and play secondary dial tone during the wait if it is selected in the ARS)before grabbing a trunk.

Sizbut-

I have 3 ARS entries which are the following.

Short Code 9N; N 50:Main

Main line group (0) is 23 channel PRI with Secondary dial tone ticked on the ARS form. Inside the ARS for I have the following.

N; N 0
1800N; N 0
1877N; N 0
local calls only

Short Code 91N; N 51:Copper Trunks

Inside the ARS form for line group 1 I have the following:

1N; N 1

LD only

the customer is dropping the 1 on the copper trunks which works okay. I am having a problem with secondary dial tone on all 3 ARS entries or line groups. The copper trunk group is off a channel bank and is giving me major issues.

3rd ARS entry for line group 2

this one is for failover only and will route LD calls only

91N; N 2

I cannot seem to get the secondary dial tone working can you someone help me out with where the semi colon should go.

should there be a 9N short code for each ARS entry?

there is goes wrong

your second anf thirth are the same in your system shortcodes

try it onlywith the first one

so you have in your systemshortcode

9N
dial
N
50:Main

then you have an ARS shortcode

N;
dial
N

the ; is only entered in your ARS shortcode

tlpeter is correct

I had the same problem. See this topic also
outgoing prefix / ARS / directory problems
thread940-1352604

There is no bug regarding this.

Fact!

Not one that has been CQ'd yet at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back